Helmets carry on in cabin ?

Anything goes, and mine's a Guinness.
andymac

Re: Helmets carry on in cabin ?

Post by andymac »

I took a big piece of ally chequer plate in my hand luggage to turkey the other week,,,no problem lol :whistle:
work hard,,,,,,,,,,,play harder !!
fullerton

Post by fullerton »

moto al wrote:Hi spud,a few years ago easy jet ,caused me problems when they wouldn't let me take a helmet on a flight to Germany .unless they have changed the rules.???? .Al
Hi Al,

Should have told them u have fits and you might hurt yourself

Steve
Redmurty

Post by Redmurty »

Pappy wrote:I m going out to nz end of February with Singapore airlines. An mci tour, I e mailed the airline and they confirmed to me no problem as long it's inside the hand luggage bag.
have a great trip I'm touring solo, what has your trip cost you if you don't mind me asking

cheers Spud ;)
Life... it's not a dress rehearsal

You don't waste time... you waste yourself
Pappy

Post by Pappy »

Flights Manchester Munich Singapore Christchurch £1100 return.

Prices for tour are on mci tours website
bikenav

Post by bikenav »

anybody had experience of lids on ryan air flights (tenerife) in the cabin, not intending to take luggage in the hold. PS did take my lid on London-LA flight once as hand luggage no probs with BA must be 6/7 years ago though .
Redmurty

Post by Redmurty »

Pappy wrote:Flights Manchester Munich Singapore Christchurch £1100 return.

Prices for tour are on mci tours website
you got a great deal on the flight mate mine cost a lot more because I left it late to book

cheers Spud ;)
Life... it's not a dress rehearsal

You don't waste time... you waste yourself
sven

Post by sven »

bikenav wrote: PS did take my lid on London-LA flight once as hand luggage no probs with BA must be 6/7 years ago though .
Me too in 2012 (thumbs) I've also taken one on a Lufthansa flight.

The only problem with budget airlines can be that they're strict on the hand baggage rules at times as it's a money making opportunity and a crash helmet is too wide for a standard baggage gauge?

We were flying back from Munich a few weeks ago and the girl on the gate wasn't going to let me through with two pieces of hand baggage despite one of them being my wife's - I had to call her back to take one of them as she'd just passed through the gate before me, otherwise I would have been charged for it to go in the hold
vRSG60

Post by vRSG60 »

Redmurty wrote:
Tramp wrote:Spud..
If your helmets in the cabin ..where the hells your bike lol...

Seriously no probs thats what i do pay for hold spacw for dry bag and helmet is hand luggage..dont have gloves in helmet though..

Handy for the baggae area scrum...head down and go...
The bike will be in New Zealand I'm buggering off for a while and doing a tour I'm getting older and I have put it off every year for the last 4 or 5 a family problem has reared it's ugly head and I have been advised to extricate myself for a while so I am off. Flight paid for today and will be finalising bike out tonight hopefully (their day) so Xmas dinner on the beach or on the bike no plans made at all, fly pick up bike and ride.

Just trying to sort out my kit now (thumbs)

cheers Spud ;)
Sounds like something I should be doing.
Out On The Floor - Keep The Faith
yoda

Post by yoda »

Interesting thread, the missus and myself are flying to Aus at Easter and hiring a bike, my mate there tells me the feds are a bit hot on the Helmets having the right standards sticker on them. When he emigrated he took all his uk bike gear with him but ended up having to buy 2x new lids ($350 fine per lid). Rather than risk 2x expensive Shoei helmets in luggage we're going to buy a couple of basic ones for our trip that are Aus standard when we get there and leave them at our Friends for the next time we go. Is a uk helmet ok in NZ? or do they have their own standards for them?
Chaos is the only camouflage that incompetence needs to operate at full capacity.

I dunno where that road goes, might as well go take a look anyway there's no where else i need to be right now.
kito

Post by kito »

I have taken my helmet on plenty of flights. Never had a problem and I still had my carry on bag as well. Korean air once made me put a details tag on it . They tried asking to put it in the hold but I told them it's expensive equipment and once it's been knocked it needs replacing .apart from that no problem ,it's always traveled with me.

Return to “THE PUB”