I DON'T BELIVE I'M DOING THIS !!!!!!

Anything goes, and mine's a Guinness.
Phil

Re: I DON'T BELIVE I'M DOING THIS !!!!!!

Post by Phil »

herman wrote:Think you're right wrist may be a little disappointed mate. They need a 280 kit really. 250 stroker would be a different matter B)
i was only chatting to a mate the other day about the KTM 250. He's a vary experienced raider (completed this years Red Bull Romainacs).

He said the KTM250 is disappointing, get no grunt. the WR250 is a bit better, they also do a 280 Athena kit for it. i want a KTM 350, size of the 250..power of the 400!

but phil...you have a 250....you have 650......you need a 350 / 400. :P
PHILinFRANCE

Post by PHILinFRANCE »

I know but the 350 cost a bloody bundle :(

But had a look at a 300 sheroc 4t ...................... i don't know what are Lambrettas like ??????????
pinball1008

Post by pinball1008 »

Mate of mine has a 350, weighs nothing and totally mad!
I borrowed it for a day and it scared the crap out of me :blush:
Not all those wandering are lost
SteveW

Post by SteveW »

KLX 450r Phil?
Under rated. Bloody good, cheaper than a KTM.
I know mine was running a bit rough last time you saw it. I've had the carb stripped and cleaned.
Runs great now.
AndyB

Post by AndyB »

I've got a 250EXC and it's a bit manic. The 300 is much easier to ride but the 250 is probably more rewarding when you get used to it.

If you get one then you'll be investing in a bigger fuel tank before very long because 50 miles to a tank is ok if you're only popping out to local lanes for an hour or so but all day trips need careful planning to make sure you've got a petrol station near enough when it gives the inevitable cough then dies.
daytona-supersport

Post by daytona-supersport »

The 300 2T is a stonking two stroke bike. Switchable power. Loads of low down grunt with top end poke. Nice and light. Once you get back into the 2t groove you will love it. Will climb pretty much anything from a dead stop. Got to be the best two stroke made so far. Tough and reliable.

The 350 four stroke is truly amazing bike. Power feels a bit like the 400, a bit more go, but in a bike that feels much lighter. In fact the weight feels like the 300 2T. MX versions can be fitted with a separate loom, KTM switch gear and lights etc to bring it up to full road legal / endure legal spec. Did this on my sons Cairoli rep bike. Bloody superb bike. To see one going across really nasty whoops with seemingly little effort is a sight worth seeing. Not had any mechanical issues at all with this bike. The only problem I have with this bike is getting my flipping hands on it and not being able to justify one for myself. Buggrit.

Difficult choice really. Both are really nice to ride and will tackle anything better than pretty much anything else out there. As ever with a KT dirty bike, fitting a steering damper is a good move, makes going much nicer on a long ride. Ask Coasty for his thoughts on this. I'm not sure which bike I would chose. :unsure:
The four stroke means no bother with 2T oil so maybe better on a long ride rather than having to carry enough oil with you. But then, the 2T is also very low maintenance. But the four stroke is also pretty low maintenance. Hmm ! I think it would be the 4T if a good one that has been properly looked after. A Cairoli rep or similar would be a bit of a bonus. (thumbs)

Why bother with the 250 when there is the 300 2t and the 350 4t to choose from?
A mate had the KTM 250 SOHC. Seriously down on power until I put a 350 kit on it.
Then it ripped. But then, you are thrashing a short stroke motor. It's not gone bang yet and Grant is no slouch. Kept up with a 400 on acceleration, but like I said, it is thrashing a short stroke motor. Something has got to give one day. :unsure:
Mosel Bikes

Post by Mosel Bikes »

Greyhound Racing .... don't bet, don't go - you bet, they die :cry:
Trevor Twobikes

Post by Trevor Twobikes »

Hello boys

I'm puzzled as to why modern two strokes use pre-mix - is it because they could be on their
side some of the time. My '74 Suzuki Sandbike - owned from new - has cci and with 35k miles on the clock has never failed.

Do you always top up the these 2 stroke KTMs from a separate container. Is it practical to pitch up at a petrol station and squirt in some oil in hopefully the correct ratio. Perhaps you keep a small bottle of oil under the seat just in case. :lol:

Trevor
Mike101

Post by Mike101 »

What about a 200exc...light and power full and a lot of fun...oh and cheap.

Mike
And the beast shall be huge and black, and the eyes thereof red with the blood of living creatures, and the whore of Babylon shall ride forth on a three-headed serpent, and throughout the lands, there'll be a great rubbing of parts
johnnyboxer

I DON'T BELIVE I'M DOING THIS !!!!!!

Post by johnnyboxer »

Trevor Twobikes wrote:Hello boys

I'm puzzled as to why modern two strokes use pre-mix - is it because they could be on their
side some of the time. My '74 Suzuki Sandbike - owned from new - has cci and with 35k miles on the clock has never failed.

Do you always top up the these 2 stroke KTMs from a separate container. Is it practical to pitch up at a petrol station and squirt in some oil in hopefully the correct ratio. Perhaps you keep a small bottle of oil under the seat just in case. :lol:

Trevor
Keep a bottle in your rucksack & pop it in

Easy peasy
We buy things we don't need

With money we don't have

To impress people we don't even like

Return to “THE PUB”