Dilema !!!!

Post by PHILinFRANCE »

Got one of these

Taken me all over and it's a proper good bike , but i fancy this

http://www.leboncoin.fr/motos/728869903.htm?ca=16_s
picos mestizo

Re: Dilema !!!!

Post by picos mestizo »

Right hand & red mist is leading brain @ the moment Phill or has Mr X got anything to do with it. :whistle:
More of a lightweight replacement for the DR than the XT isn't it. :blink:
Lightness is everything.

Lightness with Grunt is a Scratcher!

An Adventure is not a tank transfer.
pinball1008

Post by pinball1008 »

Even if you sell the T Lady, you still have the Pig, so what's to lose?
Not all those wandering are lost
Mike101

Post by Mike101 »

Keep the Ten..spend some money on it and make into what you want...new forks etc

Mike
And the beast shall be huge and black, and the eyes thereof red with the blood of living creatures, and the whore of Babylon shall ride forth on a three-headed serpent, and throughout the lands, there'll be a great rubbing of parts
Simon_100

Post by Simon_100 »

picos mestizo wrote:Right hand & red mist is leading brain @ the moment Phill or has Mr X got anything to do with it. :whistle:
Can't be Mr X's influence, it's not orange enough :evil:

Simon

PS - great to see you up and about Phil (thumbs)
Be sure to visit www.thespanishbiker.com the invaluable guide to motorcycling in Spain - plus guided rides, HISS Events* and off road touring support service

*Highly Informal Sojourns in Spain
PHILinFRANCE

Post by PHILinFRANCE »

Cheers all , @ Mike , i did just about everything poss to the XT for my Balkans trip spent well over a grand and it still doesn't come up to the Donk :whistle:

Naw its a great bike and every time i go out on it i change my mind !!!

But as said i have a Donk and and very old baby Donk but really like the 310 Husky , the one show is in my local shop and the owner has offered ma a straight swap !!which is a little tight on his behalf but then again !!!

So a 2010 XT with everything for €3500 (£3000) :dry: is that a fair offer ???
Mike101

Post by Mike101 »

Thats a very good price indeed but for some reason nothing is selling at the moment. Mine is up for sale and it's very quiet.

I had one person come and have a look...she was far too short for it...offered me £3300.

She said thats what is it worth compared to other bikes on ebay...maybe i said but they were all older and with no mods or luggage..so off she went. I'm kind of glad she didn't buy it as the first junciton with an incline on it would have had her off.

But back to your bike....i agree with what you say...i went up power to a 950 adv...double the power for almost the same weight...and for offroad i will get a cheap 250 or something next year.

For me long distance and serious off road just don't mix.

Mike
And the beast shall be huge and black, and the eyes thereof red with the blood of living creatures, and the whore of Babylon shall ride forth on a three-headed serpent, and throughout the lands, there'll be a great rubbing of parts
Tramp

Post by Tramp »

Swap it..french prices are different to uk normally higher..think of a the fun and trouble you will get into notbforgetting how much less tiered youd be after a day on it..

Just make sure ypu can get spares easily for it..

Lob it in the crewcab and go to morroc on those sand dunes and tell.me yoh aint smiling..
SteveW

Post by SteveW »

Do the swap Phil.
The XT isn't quite you. A good bike though, especially after all the mods, I'd strip off all the goodies put the originals back on and do the swap.
I'll post some pics of the 250 you want to sell today or tomorrow.
Phil

Post by Phil »

swap it!!!!!!!!

Return to “THE PUB”