Scottish referendum (this is the PUB !! )

Anything goes, and mine's a Guinness.
daytona-supersport

Re: Scottish referendum (this is the PUB !! )

Post by daytona-supersport »

AndyB wrote:
Brads wrote:Why would Scotland need to apply to be an EU member state ?

It`s already an EU member state.
Did Germany have to reapply when West & East Germany merged? No, so in that case a major change of boundaries didn't matter.

Do I think the EU cartel will mess them about if Scotland separates itself from the rest of the UK? too right I think they will because of the implications for other regions/Countries that want independence.
Yep, like Wales and Cornwall. (thumbs) I have no idea what Ireland wants to do.

Only a few days to go until Scottish independence. :woohoo:
-Ralph-

Post by -Ralph- »

Has this thread swayed a single person to change their vote? If so please post and tell us.
"Luke, you're going to find that many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view" - Obi-Wan Kenobi
bond_yzf

Post by bond_yzf »

-Ralph- wrote:Has this thread swayed a single person to change their vote? If so please post and tell us.

I had no interest in voting tbh

one good thing from this thread tho

shows how many arseholes this forum has

keep up the good work (thumbs)
Sand Rover

Post by Sand Rover »

Yes it's made me change my mind, I don't think many of you have a clue what your talking about every second post is contradicting the last one, but now I just want to vote YES so we can't get the chance to prove use wrong and shut Ralf up for one last time .
-Ralph-

Post by -Ralph- »

Alex Salmond :P

"Luke, you're going to find that many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view" - Obi-Wan Kenobi
-Ralph-

Post by -Ralph- »

Alex Salmond :P

AndyB

Post by AndyB »

I've had a few pops at Al for using cartoons to back his arguments up and now your at it!

If a straight forward discussion about part of the UK wanting to be granted independence has caused this much turmoil (redcoat comments etc) bring on the General Election when the send them back brigade kick in :pinch:

I'm voting Labour and if I get the opportunity I'll be voting to stay in the EU so I can visit other countries without being treated like a 3rd World refugee myself.
-Ralph-

Post by -Ralph- »

AndyB wrote:I've had a few pops at Al for using cartoons to back his arguments up and now your at it!
Nice analogy though innit! :laugh: :laugh:

He's wearing the wrong colours though, need to find a different one.
Old Git Ray

Post by Old Git Ray »

OB1 wrote:............
Another reason why I am not in favour of Scottish independence is because I like the Union flag and I feel that it represents me and what I believe in more than the cross of St. George does. Nothing makes me cringe more than seeing the flag of St. George hanging from bedroom windows during some boring football competition that we'll never win. :sick:
I like it too. And I see myself as a Brit. I even went to war in the Falklands to stop the Argies from moving onto the Scottish mainland. A bit of gratitude would not be missed.

Seriously, I like the flag as it is and even if they do decide to go ahead with the divorce, I would like to see the flag remain the same.
-Ralph- wrote: Nice analogy though innit! :laugh: :laugh:
Sadly....Yes.
daytona-supersport

Post by daytona-supersport »

bond_yzf wrote:
-Ralph- wrote:Has this thread swayed a single person to change their vote? If so please post and tell us.

I had no interest in voting tbh

one good thing from this thread tho

shows how many arseholes this forum has

keep up the good work (thumbs)
I SAY. Steady on chap. Don't you realise that one of the most important things about the on-going banter and opposing views is that one really must keep ones sense of humour. Of course a load of complete bollocks will be spouted from many quarters including my own. Typical Pub banter really. Complete bollocks, won't change a thing. :laugh: Who's round is it?

It's easy to smile and be happy
When things are rolling along
But to show true grit
Is when you're deep in the shit
And can still sing a happy song.

It will be interesting to see who is singing after Friday.

Return to “THE PUB”