Scottish referendum (this is the PUB !! )

Anything goes, and mine's a Guinness.
daytona-supersport

Re: Scottish referendum (this is the PUB !! )

Post by daytona-supersport »

Scotland today, Wales tomorrow. (hopefully).
It's going to be bloody brilliant for English tax payers. Maybe we can have the benefits that others have that we miss out on. Free prescriptions, free care of the elderly, free university education. Also we will not have the boring new years Hogmanay crap on the telly.

Here are a few numbers for you to consider.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... Union.html

Do you all really think those in power will give a honest answer to Scots voters if it goes against their wishes. Get real. You're all to old to believe that surely.
The UK wealth and power is held by a tiny number of people. The next time you're riding along the roads, ask yourself, who actually owns all this land. You may own you're little pile of bricks on a patch of land but in the great scheme of things you're just a tax paying cog in the machine.
Sorry if this seems a bit negative but I would not trust a politician of any party to do the right thing. Salmond, just another gobby opportunist politician out for his own ends. It's all a power thing. Get the control and along comes the cash. Ask good old Tony a real Labour man of the people. Name one single Labour party leader or politician that has not left office filthy rich. Bollocks to the people, take the money and run. At least the Tories can't deny being public school and Oxbridge elitist tossers.

Just a though. Why the hell have we got Scottish MP's in the UK parliament voting on issues that affect England but not Scotland ? As for Gordon Brown, I don't think any chancellor has ever done so much damage to peoples wealth. He certainly screwed your pension for you.
garyr

Post by garyr »

daytona-supersport wrote:Scotland today, Wales tomorrow. (hopefully).
It's going to be bloody brilliant for English tax payers. Maybe we can have the benefits that others have that we miss out on. Free prescriptions, free care of the elderly, free university education. Also we will not have the boring new years Hogmanay crap on the telly.
.[/quote

60% of the population of england get free prescriptions. It could be all of us but englands nhs chooses to spend Its money elsewhere (ie better cancer drugs) all down to how each member country spend their nhs budget or any other budget for that matter. Daily mail wont tell you that though, to many axes to grind.
who dares, bins
Mike101

Post by Mike101 »

Well this has hotted up nicely hasn't it.

Now just imagine if the new CCM 450 was made in Scotland....?

Mike
And the beast shall be huge and black, and the eyes thereof red with the blood of living creatures, and the whore of Babylon shall ride forth on a three-headed serpent, and throughout the lands, there'll be a great rubbing of parts
Crossrutted

Post by Crossrutted »

AndyB wrote:

A large part of my not wanting it to go ahead is for purely selfish reasons in that I dread having to live the rest of my life under a tory government :(
I want the Union to remain, however the ONLY benefit to me of the Scots "doing one" would be that I would never again have to live under another corrupt, incompetent Labour government!
dubber68

Post by dubber68 »

I have been mulling things over and I am worried that my earlier comments might have come across as small minded and short sighted so I thought I would clarify my train of thought.

In my opinion anywhere that nationalism is used as a tool to back an argument or as a tool to rally support this will inevitably be seized upon my a small minority with an agenda. This will lead to some isolated acts of intimidation or worse still as an excuse for violence. In turn this will be blown out of proportion by the media and will polarise opinion even more leading to a spiral of ill feeling being generated. We have all seen this happen with immigration over the years and more recently with the unemployed being the target of he media. Pandora's box has already been opened in my opinion and regardless of any outcome the losing side will feel aggrevied.
I work to live. I live to ride. I ride to work, Ever felt like your going in circles.

Yamaha XT1200Z, Sertao, Herald 250, Xcountry & Vanvan

[IMG]http://i1264.photobucket.com/albums/jj4 ... POINTS.jpg[/IMG
daytona-supersport

Post by daytona-supersport »

Mike101 wrote:Well this has hotted up nicely hasn't it.

Mike
Another flying pig just like an independent Wales. Doh, I meant Scotland honest. :laugh:

I don't want either a bunch of Tory pricks or lying corrupt Labour so I'll be staying with UKIP. :woohoo: Can't wait to see if they are full of shit like every other political party. You never know, they may kick the establishment kennel and get at least a few good whacks in before the green party take over.
Crossrutted

Post by Crossrutted »

daytona-supersport wrote:
Mike101 wrote:Well this has hotted up nicely hasn't it.

Mike
Another flying pig just like an independent Wales. Doh, I meant Scotland honest. :laugh:

I don't want either a bunch of Tory pricks or lying corrupt Labour so I'll be staying with UKIP. :woohoo: Can't wait to see if they are full of shit like every other political party. You never know, they may kick the establishment kennel and get at least a few good whacks in before the green party take over.
If they're politicians, of course they're full of shit! All of 'em!!

More chance of ISIS taking over than the Greens.......
catcitrus

Post by catcitrus »

Just decided to venture into this topic--and my issue may have been covered in previous pages--so please bear with me:

If Scotland does become independent then I presume that we will have to set up a proper border with customs and so on and that Scots will have to have their own passports?

Also all the Scots living in the UK will have to make a decision on which passport they want to hold--and if working in the UK on a Scottish passport will have to apply for a work permit--at least until they, and we, sort out our membership of the European Union. If the Scots stay in the Union and we come out then they will definitely need their own passports and we will need a proper border--high fence and so on!! This will also apply to any Brits working in Scotland--could get interesting in terms of migration and asset transfer!!
CB
-Ralph-

Post by -Ralph- »

Those posting about citizenship and passports may want to read the following, section 4.

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... enship.pdf

We can't presume anything at present, but I just can't see a British citizens, especially not those born in Scotland but working and living in England, Wales or NI, being stripped of their citizenship. That doesn't mean they well get dual nationality either, but to deny that would be a hugely unpopular move, given that it's permitted with other countries today (my son is dual citizenship French / British). It would be a double standards move, seen just as a spite to Scotland, and it would cost serious numbers of votes!
"Luke, you're going to find that many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view" - Obi-Wan Kenobi
les9509

Post by les9509 »

Birth of a Nation. Like any birth, there is risk. No one said it would be easy. Lying politicians have been telling us for the past 40 odd years that the oil is running out. Well, (pardon the pun) it's still here and with a very healthy prognosis. All these lying fcukers in Westminster, of whatever party, are interested in is looking after their own well padded and lucrative jobs. MP, MSP, List MSP, Scottish MP; how many of these layers could/should be unloaded and how much would THAT save? One Nation, one Government, simples .

Look at the track record: Thatcher: Scotland as guinea pig for poll tax. I am paying over £1500 more in poll tax than I paid in the old rates. That is despite the SNP freezing our poll tax for the past several years (Thanks! I think!)
Then came "Things can only get better" Blair and his posse of turds (Including the Scots Mafia) who continued to ruin our manufacturing bases and pile up debt. Oh yes "Trust me, I'm the party you voted in. And finally, this lot. Unelected as far as I'm concerned but continuing bravely to flush the whole country down the pan. One Conservative MP in the whole of Scotland, and we have that seldom-seen gobshite Cameron up here yesterday telling us how lucky we are to be part of the biggest ripoff since the South Sea Bubble. Non-cognoscenti may want to look that up in Google.
So there we are with a choice. Stay with the status quo and continue being shafted in multi-layered spades, or make the break and have but one party rule, be it SNP, labour or UKIP. I discount the Tory party as they are an irrelevance with no mandate in Scotland. There is NO animosity for our English neighbours involved in the decision. We just want this Multi-layered burden off of our backs so that we can manage our own (Hopefully corruption-free) affairs. Discuss.

Return to “THE PUB”