Threads that make you wonder why you visit this site

Anything goes, and mine's a Guinness.
midlife

Threads that make you wonder why you visit this site

Post by midlife »

loads, but here are 2 current ones for me:

http://www.adventurebikerider.com/forum ... y-mps.html

http://www.adventurebikerider.com/forum ... -suit.html

Tin foil hats still available from Lidl/aldi (thumbs)
chico

Re: Threads that make you wonder why you visit this site

Post by chico »

how pointless is this one then..........
mondo traveller

Post by mondo traveller »

I have to agree with you, I have seen this question asked before and sometime later the member was 'banned' the worst moderator for this behaviour was largewayround, it appears many members prefer to use a keyboard rather than ride, a member that got banned referred to ABR as Adventure Book Reader, and a well travelled meber posted on the horizonsunlimited forum that ABR stood for Anything But Ride, I rarely look at ADV, but I often look into the horizons forum and it appears that HU members DO get out and ride, I have also noticed that not many horizons members bother with this forum, I was told that most ABR members only do UK rallies and rarely venture overseas, thats fair enough but they try only on this forum to try and 'act the part', the answer you will receive will be the thread is posted in 'The Pub', many here leave themselves open to ridicule I'm afraid, yet many I have met seem to be pretty decent folk, just don't give them a keyboard!!
picos mestizo

Post by picos mestizo »

midlife wrote:loads, but here are 2 current ones for me:

http://www.adventurebikerider.com/forum ... y-mps.html

http://www.adventurebikerider.com/forum ... -suit.html

You don't know me so you will not care (thumbs) .

Tin foil hats still available from Lidl/aldi (thumbs)
They are both under The Pub categorry so what's the problem.
Lighten up they're just for shooting the breeze. B)
Lightness is everything.

Lightness with Grunt is a Scratcher!

An Adventure is not a tank transfer.
efayce191

Post by efayce191 »

Apparently it was believed statistically possible that if you gave a million monkeys a million typewriters, eventually one of them would come up with the works of Shakespere. So they gave a million monkeys a million typewriters,
And they came up with the Internet.
Mike101

Post by Mike101 »

We could just all talk about football all the time...I'm sure that will make it all better!

If I want to talk just about bikes I go to a place for just that. This site is a place to relax and chat about anything. Yes I talk a lot of crap on here but don't we all when with mates down the pub.

As long as it's good natured, clean and fair I say anything goes on here.....or should we change this site name to 1984.

Half of the stuff on here is not of interest to me but I will never moan about it...somebody who talks just bikes must be a very dull person indeed.

Remember we all have a choice!

Mike
And the beast shall be huge and black, and the eyes thereof red with the blood of living creatures, and the whore of Babylon shall ride forth on a three-headed serpent, and throughout the lands, there'll be a great rubbing of parts
midlife

Post by midlife »

Yeh fairly pretty pointless I would agree. at least it is a) Not a rant, and b)Gives room for discussion instead of the usual bigoted rant from the usual suspects.
The Klim thread is/was seconds away from turning into the predictable " I stayed dry by using 3 bin liners and a Pound Shop bag carrier on my head.. you people who earn more money than me are all tossers coz you bought Rukka/Klim/arai/Shoei --- delete as apropriate
Hey, what do I know Chico... I just wince and get embarrased at some stuff I see here...
picos mestizo

Post by picos mestizo »

mondo traveller wrote:I have to agree with you, I have seen this question asked before and sometime later the member was 'banned' the worst moderator for this behaviour was largewayround, it appears many members prefer to use a keyboard rather than ride, a member that got banned referred to ABR as Adventure Book Reader, and a well travelled meber posted on the horizonsunlimited forum that ABR stood for Anything But Ride, I rarely look at ADV, but I often look into the horizons forum and it appears that HU members DO get out and ride, I have also noticed that not many horizons members bother with this forum, I was told that most ABR members only do UK rallies and rarely venture overseas, thats fair enough but they try only on this forum to try and 'act the part', the answer you will receive will be the thread is posted in 'The Pub', many here leave themselves open to ridicule I'm afraid, yet many I have met seem to be pretty decent folk, just don't give them a keyboard!!
I get out & use the keyboard.
Over the last month have done 4,000 miles in France, Germany, Belgium, Switzerland & Italy.
Soon down to Spain for 2 weeks riding.
Regularly Trail riding. Last event Taffy Dakar.
I see this site as a bit more than Bikes, Bikes & More Bikes.
Whats wrong with topical & newsworthy banter.
Thread headings I'm not interested in I don't open.
Maybe you should do the same rather than complain about topics you don't like. :S
Lightness is everything.

Lightness with Grunt is a Scratcher!

An Adventure is not a tank transfer.
sexysi

Post by sexysi »

mondo traveller wrote:I have to agree with you, I have seen this question asked before and sometime later the member was 'banned' the worst moderator for this behaviour was largewayround, it appears many members prefer to use a keyboard rather than ride, a member that got banned referred to ABR as Adventure Book Reader, and a well travelled meber posted on the horizonsunlimited forum that ABR stood for Anything But Ride, I rarely look at ADV, but I often look into the horizons forum and it appears that HU members DO get out and ride, I have also noticed that not many horizons members bother with this forum, I was told that most ABR members only do UK rallies and rarely venture overseas, thats fair enough but they try only on this forum to try and 'act the part', the answer you will receive will be the thread is posted in 'The Pub', many here leave themselves open to ridicule I'm afraid, yet many I have met seem to be pretty decent folk, just don't give them a keyboard!!
I suppose riding across 9 countries, Uk ,France ,Switzerland ,Italy, Germany, Austria, Luxemburg, Holland and Belgium in 5 days, 2,200miles is ok then. Ie: classed as an adventure.

Or i suppose riding to the Arctic circle in Norway, for a cancer trust, would be classed as an adventure.

I hope so, otherwise I'm on the wrong forum and need to get on the HUBB one then.

si
Oh, Edmund, can it be true, that I hold here in my mortal hand a nugget of purest green?

2013 Triumph tiger 800 xc

1998 Honda XR 250L

2003 CCM 404 DS

2005 MGTF

https://www.youtube.com/user/kentbyways

http://www.kent-byways.co.uk/

Nigel

Post by Nigel »

midlife wrote:Yeh fairly pretty pointless I would agree. at least it is a) Not a rant, and b)Gives room for discussion instead of the usual bigoted rant from the usual suspects.
The Klim thread is/was seconds away from turning into the predictable " I stayed dry by using 3 bin liners and a Pound Shop bag carrier on my head.. you people who earn more money than me are all tossers coz you bought Rukka/Klim/arai/Shoei --- delete as apropriate
Hey, what do I know Chico... I just wince and get embarrased at some stuff I see here...
Firstly my post was in the pub section ie anything goes ;) it was a light hearted post about twat suits and BM riders, and not started as a discussion on the merits of Klim but that`s how it turned out ;) as much as I love bikes there is other crap to talk about :P

Return to “THE PUB”