Interesting times ahead

What do you lot reckon ?
We buy things we don't need

With money we don't have

To impress people we don't even like
SteveW

Re: UKIP surge ...

Post by SteveW »

I've not voted since 1977. But I did yesterday and I voted UKIP.
I suspect the horse has already bolted though :laugh:
johnnyboxer

UKIP surge ...

Post by johnnyboxer »

Me too Steve

It's got the 3 main parties rattled
We buy things we don't need

With money we don't have

To impress people we don't even like
Dave DRZ

Post by Dave DRZ »

'Political earthquake' says Nick Robinson. Hardly. They are little more than a one man band with friends in the media (the BBC just love Farage).

UKIP are just a single issue party, well ok, a two issue party - leave Europe AND close the borders. You can see from past experience of right wing fringe parties (such as BNP and EDL) yes they can win a few seats in local elections, but they have a very small talent pool (Nutters and Fruitcakes as Cameron described them) they will say stupid things, they will do stupid things, and when they are up for re-election they will lose.

Yes they have had a good night at the polls. And will have a good night on Sunday when the Euro vote is counted, but I hope the media and the general public start taking a look at what they do now they have seats and (some) power.

Dave
Far Off Places; a motorcycle adventure from Manchester to Manali www.faroffplaces.net
bimota

Post by bimota »

i voted UKIP to, labour conservative forget it. (thumbs) (thumbs)
Will

Post by Will »

They seem to be gaining some momentum but is it just a protest vote ?? Will they get the votes next year when it really counts ??
Bsa A10
moto al

Post by moto al »

Morning chaps, ukip stand for old and little England. Values ,next we will get a song by Vera linn, thank god I live in. Ecosse ,where ukip get nae where, roll on sept ! Cheers al haste ye back
moto al
Brenhden

Post by Brenhden »

I find this all a bit distressing.

When I voted in the euros last night these were the options:

Labour
Tory
LibDem
BNP
Britain First
Exit Europe
UKIP
Green

So that's three traditional lying b@stard parties, four right wing hate parties and one hopeless dreamer party.

I'm sick of lies, I'm sick of hate. So I thought maybe I'm just a hopeless dreamer.

I'm not a hippy any more but the world hasn't ground me down to be a cynic either. I hope there is more love in the world than there is hate.

Imagine there's no countries
It isn't hard to do
Nothing to kill or die for
And no religion, too

Imagine all the people
Living life in peace

You may say I'm a dreamer
But I'm not the only one
I hope someday you will join us
And the world will be as one

Imagine no possessions
I wonder if you can
No need for greed or hunger
A brotherhood of man

Imagine all the people
Sharing all the world
And now, Harry, let us step out into the night and pursue that flighty temptress, adventure.

Suzuki DR200 Djebel.
🇬🇧🇫🇷🇧🇪🇱🇺🇪🇸🇬🇷🇩🇪
XF650

Post by XF650 »

+1 on that Brenhden! (thumbs)

Can no longer stand the three main lying, self serving, hypocritical parties. It's part of the people's desperation and despair that make em vote for UKIP.

I'll say one thing for Farage, from what I've seen, when he's asked a question, he actually answers it. Not like the fobbing and wishy washy shite you get with the others.

I'm hoping that one day a party will come along that live in the real world ie talk sense, is totally transparent, and gear their policies for the genuine good of the country - is it really too much to ask? :unsure:
Mike101

Post by Mike101 »

I didn't vote..and i choose not to.
The way that this country is run has not changed for hundreds of years.

No matter how much we mon about this aprty or that party we basically vote for a group of people based upon their reputation and what they tel us they will do.

But once on power they do what they want with no comeback. The decesion makers on each party will always be safe in every election so they do whatever they want.

The system is broken and allows a very small few people to do what they want no matter what we say.

Every time we vote we are giving out sign of approval to this system of being rulled by a political elite. It's scary to think that many young MP's went to university to study politics...they are professional MP's with no real world experience.

The only way this will ever change is if the majority do not vote.

Russel Brand is also pushing this view.

Mike
And the beast shall be huge and black, and the eyes thereof red with the blood of living creatures, and the whore of Babylon shall ride forth on a three-headed serpent, and throughout the lands, there'll be a great rubbing of parts

Return to “THE PUB”