Finally something sensible from our government! Might vote to keep this lot!

Anything goes, and mine's a Guinness.
-Ralph-

Finally something sensible from our government! Might vote to keep this lot!

Post by -Ralph- »

"Luke, you're going to find that many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view" - Obi-Wan Kenobi
AndyB

Re: Finally something sensible from our government! Might vote to keep this lot!

Post by AndyB »

They'd be more likely to get my vote if they took away benefits from those that don't need them rather than keep on hammering away at those that do.

Actually that's a lie; they'll never get my vote no matter what they do (thumbs)
bimota

Re: Finally something sensible from our government! Might vote to keep this lot!

Post by bimota »

THEY,LL NOT GET MINE EITHER.
chico

Post by chico »

I would have no problem with working for any benefits I may ever have to claim....as long as it was at minimum wage and the hours added up to the amount of benefit I was receiving, otherwise i'd be wondering who were the scroungers........

but as said....i'll never vote left or right again...its just tiresome now....
gazxt1200z

Post by gazxt1200z »

You are having a laugh ain't yer,I was made redundant 18months ago,people on here have told me to stop whingeing and get a job,i apply for 4 jobs a week and iv'e only had 2 interviews in all this time,i have to do agency shite,you wait till it happens to you,i have already been told I'm too old at 52,for driving F F S.£6.50 AN HOUR FOR DRIVING A LORRY.
Spike941

Post by Spike941 »

Could be worse. Could have a regime like the one currently in Brunei. Wait, hang on a minute. Isn't this a non political and non religious forum?
dubber68

Post by dubber68 »

Not really qualified to comment as I have never been unemployed, but I would like to think that this would maybe open up new opportunities if I ever find myself in that situation. Also I hate the thought if stagnating in the house so would welcome something that keeps me active. It must however be policed to ensure people are not just used and abused then discarded for the next one by unscrupulous organisations with no thought for the long term prospects of the individual.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
I work to live. I live to ride. I ride to work, Ever felt like your going in circles.

Yamaha XT1200Z, Sertao, Herald 250, Xcountry & Vanvan

[IMG]http://i1264.photobucket.com/albums/jj4 ... POINTS.jpg[/IMG
AndyB

Post by AndyB »

chico wrote:I would have no problem with working for any benefits I may ever have to claim....as long as it was at minimum wage and the hours added up to the amount of benefit I was receiving, otherwise i'd be wondering who were the scroungers........

but as said....i'll never vote left or right again...its just tiresome now....
The point about the minimum wage is my biggest concern. I don't trust this mob of self serving grabbers not to just use unemployed people as a cheap resource.
-Ralph-

Post by -Ralph- »

gazxt1200z wrote:You are having a laugh ain't yer,I was made redundant 18months ago,people on here have told me to stop whingeing and get a job,i apply for 4 jobs a week and iv'e only had 2 interviews in all this time,i have to do agency shite,you wait till it happens to you,i have already been told I'm too old at 52,for driving F F S.£6.50 AN HOUR FOR DRIVING A LORRY.
Only applies to those unemployed for 3 years or more.

Anyway, stop whinging and get a job! ;)
"Luke, you're going to find that many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view" - Obi-Wan Kenobi
Zookman

Post by Zookman »

In the governments eyes, the more draconian measures they can put on the unemployed the better. It gives them more excuses to put sanctions on benefit claimants, which is stopping their money. They want to force people into doing any shyte jobs possible, jobs paying less than a living wage, including the proliferation of zero hours contracts now.
What this government have also done a sterling job of....... is turning parts of society against others. They seem to have cultivated in the public a deep prejudice against the unemployed on JSA, the sick and disabled on benefits, (they're all scroungers that are blagging the system dotchaknow) in fact prejudice against anyone that gets benefits that they don't.
Divide and rule is a tactic that this government has got off to a fine art.

Return to “THE PUB”