Quick intro

Anything goes, and mine's a Guinness.
snaphappy

Quick intro

Post by snaphappy »

Without sounding like a contact mag advert
Been commuting on various modes of transport over the years and now with the middle age spread I can afford to travel a bit further than the works carpark, heve taken part and organised a few trips mostly off the beated track and on foot, now loading the Varadero is easier than packing a Bergan to carry for a week or two.
Been living in Germany for the past 25 years but a Brit at heart, I just dont feel like its my home any more, so I'll be a pikey and live where I lay my hat.
For more info click on the Dambuster Signature banner

Alun

Re:Quick intro

Post by Alun »

Hi snaphappy, where abouts in Germany? I'm over in Freidrichshafen next week before heading south through Switzerland, French Alps and maybe the Pyrenees if we have the time. Might also pop into the Touratech factory for a fix when we're passing.

No introduction is complete without a pic of your ride.

Post by 03001978 »

ALUN,

You off to Freidrichshafen for the outdoor show? I previously worked for AMG (Vango, Force ten, teva, rossignol etc) and got the oppurtunity to wander round the show checking out all the kit for the next season. The words kid and candy shop come to mind!

And hello to snaphappy to.

CW
snaphappy

Post by snaphappy »

I'm much further north, left over from the cold war when BAOR was up to strength, Not far from the Dams but a days ride to the mountains.
For more info click on the Dambuster Signature banner

Alun

Post by Alun »

Hi CW, do I know you from AMG - we've been publishing Adventure Travel magazine for 15 years and Vango, Teva, FT have always been good advertisers?

You're spot on with the sweet shop analygy, the Freidrichahafen show is a gear freak nirvana. Can be a bit overwhelming though, especially after having the finer points of the 500th tent pointed out.

Post by 03001978 »

ALUN,

I was at AMG for about a year back in 2007 as a design graduate rather than part of the marketing team. I presume that you would deal with Alastair Moodie or Sharon Aitken? I was the first of a graduate scheme started specifically for the Vango brand of AMG - Although I do not think they have the scheme any more.

It encouraging to see that a Scottish company still designs in house and trades from their Scottish location.

Small world eh?

CALLUM
Alun

Post by Alun »

I know Alastair and Sharon very well. It sure is a small world.

It's good news that the design takes place in Scotland, just a shame they're not made there.

Return to “THE PUB”