Ducking close call !!

Anything goes, and mine's a Guinness.
-Ralph-

Re: Ducking close call !!

Post by -Ralph- »

Pheasant, exactly the same as you, spun the front mirror, rotated the handguard, and busted my wrist!
"Luke, you're going to find that many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view" - Obi-Wan Kenobi
akceller8

Post by akceller8 »

I managed to hit a rabbit with my first big bike, thank got for the stability of ZZR600, just kept going.

One night when setting off to visit my girlfriend the clutch cable on my X1000 snapped, so I took my camper van instead. On the way back to work in the morning I came over the crest of a hill to find a load of sheep in the middle of the road, "Oh, flock.....sheep!!!" I said, or something similar as I bounced over 11 of them before performing a 180 spin and parked neatly on the other side of the road.

Luckily the farmers insurance paid to fix the van but my local garage that did the work still call me the sheep-killer. Lol
Don't stop me now, I'm having such a good time!!
Godspeed

Post by Godspeed »

A couple of years ago I had just started working in Weston-Super-Mare and as I rode down the M5 a large ladder fell off the back of the lorry in front of me :dry:
It snaked about a bit, as a ladder does doing 70mph on tarmac and I had that split decision to either bank over to hard shoulder or middle lane, chose hard shoulder and lived to tell the tale.
About a week later heading off the M5 (bit of a theme here) I hit a sandbag at 70mph and managed to get airborn on a Triumph Bonny. Steve McQueen eat your heart out!!!!

:)
The Meandering Moustache

Going Big and Riding Small

Honda PCX125 (sports tourer)
Honda Innova ANF125 (Adventure bike)
Spike941

Post by Spike941 »

Happened upon an accident in the Cotswolds 10 or 11 years back, where a pheasant took off in front of a biker. The rider saw it and backed off, ducked just in time, but his unfortunate Misses caught it head on knocking her clean off the back of the bike and breaking a leg. Can't remember what happened to the pheasant.
skipper

Post by skipper »

I had a deer strike when I was living in america. Luckily in the car which was a write-off It looked like I had hit a cow it was such a mess was not even allowed to take it home as it needed to have a hunting tag to be transported.
fatbert

Post by fatbert »

Roadcaptain wrote:I found a Blackbird wedged in my front end when cleaning one day
Honda Blackbird?

I once got caught by the wife with a Black Bird wedged up my front end - but thats a different story :whistle: :lol: :lol: :lol:
pegasso650

Post by pegasso650 »

I also drove over a ladder on the m5 fortunately I was driving a Volvo B12 m National Express coach did'nt do the ladder any good but coah was undamaged
-Ralph-

Post by -Ralph- »

It's amazing what damage a stray traffic cone can do at 'M74 in the middle of the night' speeds. £2000 damage to my Dads Carlton including the radiator emptying it's contents on the hard shoulder, then another £1200 to the front of my Cavalier as it popped out from his back bumper and took flight in a graceful spinning arc towards my front bumper. That must have been 20 yrs ago, hate to see what the bill would be nowadays.
"Luke, you're going to find that many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view" - Obi-Wan Kenobi
bimota

Post by bimota »

fun enough 20 yrs roughly ago on the M4 by Bath i hit a traffic cone on ducati 851
bike missed the cone but my left foot while on the peg caught it abut 40mph.

broke 3 toes on same foot bloody hell never felt pain like that.

rob

Return to “THE PUB”