Mole Hills to Mountains

Anything goes, and mine's a Guinness.
P4ulie

Re: Mole Hills to Mountains

Post by P4ulie »

To err is human Jim, by your posts you don't come across as a violent lunatic.

We all see the mist occasionally, usually a petty thing being the trigger. Admitting you were out of order & making amends, makes you a wo/ man. Showing it's abnormal gets you forgiven (thumbs)
With enough profanity, you can accomplish anything
Gedge

Post by Gedge »

In the words of Blackadder...' deny everything Baldrick ' unless they have CCTV or an eye witness they arent going t be able t prove a thing...deep down they will know, and they will also know that reporting it to the police wont get them very far...so instead ( hopefully) they will instead avoid parking there in future...........
Redmurty

Post by Redmurty »

a slimjim a loose handbrake and a push, bugger didn't see that lamppost :whistle:

Good suggestion about knocking the door at silly o'clock, that would wear thin rapidly :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

cheers Spud ;)
Life... it's not a dress rehearsal

You don't waste time... you waste yourself
AndyB

Post by AndyB »

It's a difficult one because while I can understand your frustration and you taking it out on the car (up to a point) if I was the owner of the car I'd either smash every window in your house, kick you up and down the road or just settle for making sure you have a criminal record to deal with.

You may have been better just waiting until it was outside her house then do a couple of tyres or put Loctite into her door locks. Good luck with getting away with it but I suspect you may be in for a rocky ride over this one.
JASON BUCK ROGERS

Post by JASON BUCK ROGERS »

Jim Don't worry my good friend as you are not alone in your situation as more than once I've put my big size 9's right in it upto neck, then had to stand before the man.

Your family will be fine as they know you to well.

Buck

Ps down in the summer point me in the right direction I am sure I've got some spare bricks in the garden that could solve the problem!!!!!
sohoeasy

Post by sohoeasy »

Jim, you're too nice a person for a little incident like this to make you a "bad boy". You don't even need forgiveness. That mate, is a FACT.
Jim Lovell

Post by Jim Lovell »

Thanks for all your post. I had it out with the owners and made my point clearly, I have offered to pay for the damage and apologised this morning first thing. I have returned home to find a note from the police, they want to speak with me formally about last evenings incident. Which, really was what I was expecting.

The other party has said they have lived in the street for 18 years and always park there where as we have only lived here 6 months. I again tried to explain they shouldnt park there because it is illegal and not neighbourly., creating problems for me being late for work, damaging my bike trying to extract it from my garage or put it away again.

They have been asked politely, had notes left on vehicles and even T asking them politely not to obstruct the garage. The woman on one occasion put her fingers up to T and said "we all live here" which she now denies.

I know how wrong my actions were but can't help feel they need to shoulder some responsibility for the incident. I fear the worst I'm afraid, as they seem to be able to turn the butter wouldn't melt gag where as I'm 6ft 2 and large build and obviously male, it's not looking good.

Please learn from my mistake, I don't want anyone to feel the way I do right now.

Thanks Jim
Real men ride twins ;-)
bond_yzf

Post by bond_yzf »

No need to feel bad if she made that gesture to my misses and completely ignored polite notices then I'd tow her fooking vehicle down the road
Jim Lovell

Post by Jim Lovell »

I have just called the Police officer but she has gone off duty untill tomorrow, great, a night of worrying and upset now. T said to her this morning about her attitude which she totally denied. To add to it her mother inlaw and mother were getting involved. I've done all I can do now, it's up to them and the Police to press charges. I guess I'll get a record for criminal damage which I probably deserve. So much for the new start this place was meant to be for us.
Real men ride twins ;-)
Gedge

Post by Gedge »

Jim Lovell wrote:I have just called the Police officer but she has gone off duty untill tomorrow, great, a night of worrying and upset now. T said to her this morning about her attitude which she totally denied. To add to it her mother inlaw and mother were getting involved. I've done all I can do now, it's up to them and the Police to press charges. I guess I'll get a record for criminal damage which I probably deserve. So much for the new start this place was meant to be for us.
If its your first ever offence and you admit it , you will almost certainly be offered a caution, especially as you have offered to pay...( seems its too late for my earlier advice to be any use,so hopefully a simple admission ( explaining provocation/frustration) will do the trick and it wont have any long term effects...If they do take you to court, its worth knowing that from 1st April rehabilitation of offenders timescales have been drastically cut, so it will only hang over you for a year or two at most.........

Return to “THE PUB”