Aggro Topics

Anything goes, and mine's a Guinness.
Rhys

Re: Aggro Topics

Post by Rhys »

-Ralph- wrote:Why is waterproof motorbike clothing not waterproof....
:laugh:

Its 'waterproof' on the ride home from the shop and that's your lot.

Or fair weather rides buy it and never actually realize its not waterproof? BMW supermarket riders anyone? :whistle:
Fried Egg Sandwich

Post by Fried Egg Sandwich »

Crossrutted wrote:JohnnyB-can we add Rambliar trolls to the list?

We have some on here......
It would seem not...So the trolls are welcome?!? :dry:

I see "Anti Rambler threads" has made it to the list. Good - makes me happier when not on my bike in the countryside, as I like to Walk (Ramble), Cycle, and Ride my Motorcycle in the countryside on the green lanes.....
Suzuki DRZ400S
BMW R1150GS
Royal Enfield Interceptor 650

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." Edmund Burke Irish orator, philosopher, & politician (1729 - 1797)
-Ralph-

Post by -Ralph- »

Bigdavesmate wrote:standing behind a couple of "yummy mummies" in the queue
Funny, I've never minded that bit
"Luke, you're going to find that many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view" - Obi-Wan Kenobi
daytona-supersport

Post by daytona-supersport »

How about pig bloody ignorant horse riders that show no consideration for others.

I have lost count how many times I had slowed down to a slow walking pace well back from a horse and rider on a country road only for the rider to plod along in the middle of the road and continue to ride past any number of field gates and safe passing places, knowing full well I'm waiting to pass.
If you do eventually get fed up and attempt to pass as quietly as possible, they usually come out with a load of self righteous crap and tell me that I should not be riding a racing motorcycle on the road. It's a road legal bike you XXXX and how would you like me to just blast past and spook the horse you stuck up prick. Bollox next time I won't bother to slow down for you.

I was stopped on a local byway to allow some fat bint on a plodder to go by. She stopped and proceeded to lecture me on the fact that I was not supposed to be riding there and was reporting me to the police as my bike was obviously a racing machine.
I would not mind it happening occasionally but around here it happens all the bloody time. Why do these people get onto a nag a think that either I can't ride a horse or that they have special rights to obstruct and abuse people. It's not as if they even get their facts right. But no matter, They are horse owners.

Now I give them one chance to do the right thing once the know I'm there. After that, sod them, I'll do as I bloody well please. If the horse spooks and chucks them off, tough. I do give a warning blip on the throttle or beep the horn from way back before passing, loud enough to be clearly heard.

Also why the hell are inexperienced riders allowed on public roads and byways. I've see horses do the dumbest things and riders completely unable to control their mounts.
It's bloody lethal to other road users, not just the rider. I am a novice and would not consider going on the road, even accompanied by an experienced rider.

Sorry to rant. I do like horses and have a close relative with stables, paddocks and ménage. It's the bloody ignorance and arrogance I hate. :angry:
Nigel

Post by Nigel »

Calm down some of the riders are quite fit :P (thumbs)
daytona-supersport

Post by daytona-supersport »

AAAARRRGH :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:
Nigel

Post by Nigel »

Breath in and out, in and out, think calm thoughts (thumbs)
Spike941

Post by Spike941 »

I'm thinking of getting a couple of 'Tesco Direct' stickers for my panniers. Every time I go out for less than a 2week trip the Misses hands me a bloody shopping list, followed by the phrase " I don't mind you going out on your bike when the hoovering needs doing, as long as you can pop into Tescos on your way back" It isn't worth leaving the panniers off.
Earwig

Post by Earwig »

Twats that think parking lights make them visible in fog :angry: :angry: Is that worse than no lights at all :angry: :angry:
Elle

Post by Elle »

Jobs-Worth British Gas engineer.
Within 5 minutes my blood pressure was raised.
Then later, because I declined his offer to charge me £80 for 30 minutes; £200 for up to 2 hours and then £400 for any work over 2 hours, he capped the meter rather than just turning the gas off :angry:

Had to take a day off work just so I could locate another engineer but after several hours of trawling the internet I haven't found a single person! Either the number no longer exists or I get an answer machine or the person is too busy!
I'm so fed up. Thought I'd go for a ride to cheer up, then realised my bike boots are behind a dismantled kitchen way out of reach! :(
living an ordinary life in a non-ordinary way

Return to “THE PUB”