Aggro Topics

Anything goes, and mine's a Guinness.
Crossrutted

Re: Aggro Topics

Post by Crossrutted »

boatman wrote:How / why is fishing a subject for Aggro ? :dry:
It's no better than fox hunting or badger baiting or hare coursing imo.
steve172

Post by steve172 »

Crossrutted wrote:
Fox hunters and badger baiters don't tend to have fox/badger stew when they get home though do they?

On the contrary, most anglers, especially responsible ones, tend to either use barbless hooks and return their catch without removing from the water or touching with their hands, or they'll put them to use and reap the benefits such as a hearty meal, similar to how early humans survived on a daily basis.
Crossrutted

Post by Crossrutted »

steve172 wrote:
Crossrutted wrote:
Fox hunters and badger baiters don't tend to have fox/badger stew when they get home though do they?

On the contrary, most anglers, especially responsible ones, tend to either use barbless hooks and return their catch without removing from the water or touching with their hands, or they'll put them to use and reap the benefits such as a hearty meal, similar to how early humans survived on a daily basis.
Really? No doubt the fish enjoy their participation in this "sport".

I've not seen many anglers who look fit enough to survive without McDonalds on a daily basis. Still good to know they're keeping the hunter gatherer dream alive.

and there was me thinking they were just sad bar stewards hiding from their wives.
steve172

Post by steve172 »

Crossrutted wrote:and there was me thinking they were just sad bar stewards hiding from their wives.
Probably has a lot to do with it.
yoda

Post by yoda »

Good job its not Ronnie Puckering Fishing while on horse back if this weeks forum is anything to go by :laugh:
Chaos is the only camouflage that incompetence needs to operate at full capacity.

I dunno where that road goes, might as well go take a look anyway there's no where else i need to be right now.
Crossrutted

Post by Crossrutted »

yoda wrote:Good job its not Ronnie Puckering Fishing while on horse back if this weeks forum is anything to go by :laugh:
Amusingly, Ronnie is a keen fisherman - that figures (thumbs)
midlife

Post by midlife »

Crossrutted wrote:
yoda wrote:Good job its not Ronnie Puckering Fishing while on horse back if this weeks forum is anything to go by :laugh:
Amusingly, Ronnie is a keen fisherman - that figures (thumbs)
Yes...... Outdoors doing something other than sitting in his house, on the internet, typing and probably with one hand while clutching a tissue in the other like some on here. :whistle:
ollydog

Post by ollydog »

Crossrutted wrote:
steve172 wrote:
Crossrutted wrote:

Really? No doubt the fish enjoy their participation in this "sport".

I've not seen many anglers who look fit enough to survive without McDonalds on a daily basis. Still good to know they're keeping the hunter gatherer dream alive.

and there was me thinking they were just sad bar stewards hiding from their wives.

gents when you next enjoy that walk along the river bank, lake canal, etc ducks swing by, fish jumping etc a nice picture.
now picture this, angling banned, your walking along the bank, no swans, ducks thick coating of god knows what on the surface and under neath cause jonny twat face has just dumped his barrel of toxic waste into the water because there is know one to see it,

anglers are the first and best line of defence, they are out there 24 7 every day of the year and notice change

so does that change your perspective, i could go on about other county sports that aid the country side but the ignorant are to narrow minded to be bothered with the truth.

steve
Nixy

Post by Nixy »

Hi viz with "POLITE" on the back winds me up
Zookman

Post by Zookman »

I used to do a lot of fishing, freshwater & sea.... spose it could be cruel thinking about it, who knows what stress & pain the fish go through. But i got bored with freshwater and only occasionally go sea fishing now... and i eat or give away what i catch.
Dont really agree with hunting any animals just for sport, well its for the enjoyment of the hunter really isn't it !
I do think anyone is justified in hunting & killing any animal if they're going to eat it.

Return to “THE PUB”