Website Help Needed

Anything goes, and mine's a Guinness.
bunker

Website Help Needed

Post by bunker »

Can anyone recommend a free webhost? I registered a domain through fasthosts but i just want a homepage and nothing else. This isn't any kind of serious business venture or anything - just something for my kids to make use of if/when they get bigger :laugh: i would quite like to have e-mail addresses linked to the domain (i'm fairly sure i can do that for nothing with fasthosts though).
I'm a fairly tech savvy kind of guy but this web stuff is a bit beyond me :pinch:

Thanks in advance :)
Triumph Tiger 885
nathanlee

Re: Website Help Needed

Post by nathanlee »

Have a look at Wix. http://www.wix.com/

I've not used them myself, but it looks decent enough, and I know a couple of people that have.

Failing that, you can set up a wordpress.com site and point your domain to it, though I recall you need to pay a small amount to use your own domain (about a tenner per year from memory).
bunker

Post by bunker »

Thanks Nathan - just looked at wix, i would be on a winner but they don't transfer .uk domain names :(
Triumph Tiger 885
TomBoyNI

Post by TomBoyNI »

Try HostSo Web Hosting they are really cheap, uptime is 99.9% and they run well. £8.28 for a year, quick support and what not. A huge difference in the free ones. I have used them for years and the only ones I would honestly recommend.
Boo :-p

https://tbni.blog
Motorcycling | Technology | Photography
scouse

Post by scouse »

Who is your internet/broadband provider ? They often supply free webspace that you can point a domain name at.
Gaffer tape is The Force! It has a light side and a dark side and holds the Universe together!

"I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth." - Steve McQueen
bunker

Post by bunker »

scouse - good shout sir, i hadn't thought of that B)

i'll look into it
Triumph Tiger 885

Return to “THE PUB”