Two more "bought the farm"

Anything goes, and mine's a Guinness.
Bigtim

Re: Two more "buy the farm"

Post by Bigtim »

Sat round the campfire at my first ever ABR rally on Dartmoor a couple of years ago I was talking to Bambertino (or Dave the undertaker as we know him) and he said every day he buries people older, younger and the same age as he is, you never know when it's your time so make the most of the tiem you have and live every day like it could be your last.

A work colleague recently retired and as he put it as he left " I'm going home to die" and his last entry in his log book was "il morituri tu salutant" "For those about to die we salute you", however he will probably out live us all.
SteveW

Re: Two more "buy the farm"

Post by SteveW »

There's a Tim McGraw song, "live like you were dying" how many times do we hear about terminally ill people doing amazing things? We shouldn't wait for the inevitable, life is too short, if you can, you have to make time to enjoy yourself!
oldroadrider

Re: Two more "bought the farm"

Post by oldroadrider »

I thought RETIREING was something I did at 4,000 miles on mi tenere :S
Who said tommmorow never comes ?
Redmurty

Post by Redmurty »

Having a chat with an undertaker now, not for me :whistle: he's a mate and he and his wife live life to the full. They always seem happy and are always doing things. Perhaps there's a lesson there for us all.

cheers Spud ;)
Life... it's not a dress rehearsal

You don't waste time... you waste yourself
Paul-S

Post by Paul-S »

Sorry to hear this Spud

You have to get the balance right and do things along the way

In my job I see too many people that leave things till they retire and then they cannot do what they wanted due to ill health or they "bought the farm" as you say

Not heard that saying before

Condolences to all involved and affected
waynecoluk

Post by waynecoluk »

"Everybody dies, but not everybody lives" is a great saying I heard recently. Very true. I am currently trying to "live" very much before I die.
2016 BMW 1200GSA

2013 Triumph Street Triple

Return to “THE PUB”