5 things no-one told you about becoming a biker

Anything goes, and mine's a Guinness.
Fried Egg Sandwich

5 things no-one told you about becoming a biker

Post by Fried Egg Sandwich »

Suzuki DRZ400S
BMW R1150GS
Royal Enfield Interceptor 650

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." Edmund Burke Irish orator, philosopher, & politician (1729 - 1797)
Mike101

Re: 5 things no-one told you about becoming a biker

Post by Mike101 »

Nobody told me about neededing a magnify glass to go to the loo after a long ride in the cold and wet.

Mike
And the beast shall be huge and black, and the eyes thereof red with the blood of living creatures, and the whore of Babylon shall ride forth on a three-headed serpent, and throughout the lands, there'll be a great rubbing of parts
Brenhden

Post by Brenhden »

When driving a car I never, ever, get lost and never use satnav. On a bike I get lost every frickin time...
And now, Harry, let us step out into the night and pursue that flighty temptress, adventure.

Suzuki DR200 Djebel.
πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§πŸ‡«πŸ‡·πŸ‡§πŸ‡ͺπŸ‡±πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡ͺπŸ‡ΈπŸ‡¬πŸ‡·πŸ‡©πŸ‡ͺ
sledgegreen

Post by sledgegreen »

Mike101 wrote:Nobody told me about neededing a magnify glass to go to the loo after a long ride in the cold and wet.

Mike

You forgot about the forceps, Mike.

The thing that nobody told me is that I can complete a three hour journey without the slightest hint of the need to visit a toilet. 10 seconds after reaching my destination, I get the 2-minute warning and there is then a mad panic to find house keys, get into house and remove umpteen layers of clothing before disaster strikes.
Redmurty

Post by Redmurty »

sledgegreen wrote:
Mike101 wrote:Nobody told me about neededing a magnify glass to go to the loo after a long ride in the cold and wet.

Mike

The thing that nobody told me is that I can complete a three hour journey without the slightest hint of the need to visit a toilet. 10 seconds after reaching my destination, I get the 2-minute warning and there is then a mad panic to find house keys, get into house and remove umpteen layers of clothing before disaster strikes.
Forceps ? tweezers! :pinch:

cheers Spud ;)
Life... it's not a dress rehearsal

You don't waste time... you waste yourself
SteveW

Post by SteveW »

The article is mostly true, especially about being an impatient car driver, I drive my mrs mad when we are in a car stuck in traffic "if I was on my bike I'd be there now"
I do however nod at everyone, especially learners, I like them to feel included. Just because I ride a GSA and they are on a Chinese 125 on L plates does not in anyway mean I am more of a biker than them.
Godspeed

Post by Godspeed »

sledgegreen wrote:

Mike

I couldn't quite make it inside once when I got caught short and ended up spraying the front garden. I've no idea what the neighbours thought I was doing :)
The Meandering Moustache

Going Big and Riding Small

Honda PCX125 (sports tourer)
Honda Innova ANF125 (Adventure bike)
Brenhden

Post by Brenhden »

Me too. As my new friend Bond says we are all a brotherhood.
SteveW wrote:The article is mostly true, especially about being an impatient car driver, I drive my mrs mad when we are in a car stuck in traffic "if I was on my bike I'd be there now"
I do however nod at everyone, especially learners, I like them to feel included. Just because I ride a GSA and they are on a Chinese 125 on L plates does not in anyway mean I am more of a biker than them.
And now, Harry, let us step out into the night and pursue that flighty temptress, adventure.

Suzuki DR200 Djebel.
πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§πŸ‡«πŸ‡·πŸ‡§πŸ‡ͺπŸ‡±πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡ͺπŸ‡ΈπŸ‡¬πŸ‡·πŸ‡©πŸ‡ͺ
RichW

Post by RichW »

SteveW wrote: I do however nod at everyone, especially learners, I like them to feel included. Just because I ride a GSA and they are on a Chinese 125 on L plates does not in anyway mean I am more of a biker than them.

^^^^^This. They are the future. Before i got my XT660 i rode a scooter to work, i still do infact to give it a run out occasionally - i've also got a GSX-R750 which again i'll occasionally use for the work run. On the gixxer i'll get nodded at 80% of the time, on the scooter 0.8% of the time. All wrong and i cannot understand the mentality of fellow bikers when i comes to this :dry:
Mike101

Post by Mike101 »

Godspeed wrote:
sledgegreen wrote:

Mike

I couldn't quite make it inside once when I got caught short and ended up spraying the front garden. I've no idea what the neighbours thought I was doing :)
Oh been there and done that....my dogs have a large gravel area in the back garden near my garage door to use as their loo....well all i can say is it's good to share sometimes.

Mike
And the beast shall be huge and black, and the eyes thereof red with the blood of living creatures, and the whore of Babylon shall ride forth on a three-headed serpent, and throughout the lands, there'll be a great rubbing of parts

Return to β€œTHE PUB”