Tinnitus

Anything goes, and mine's a Guinness.
-Ralph-

Tinnitus

Post by -Ralph- »

Anyone else suffer from this after a long ride? I was on the bike for 9 hours on Saturday and ever since I got back it sounds like someone is blowing air in my left ear. I do use earplugs. I am slightly deaf already from not wearing earplugs or loud music when I was younger
"Luke, you're going to find that many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view" - Obi-Wan Kenobi
OB1

Re: Tinnitus

Post by OB1 »

I have tinnitus constantly: whistling in my left ear and rumbling in my right. I don't notice it most of the time, only when I'm somewhere really quiet. I have to have the radio or TV on to get to sleep otherwise it drives me mad!

I've never worn earplugs during my 30 years of riding which, along with many rock concerts, is probably why I suffer! :S
A • AND • B • CDN • CH • CN • CY • CYM • CZ • D • DK • E • EST • ET • F • FIN • GR • HK • HR • I • IL • IRL • L • LT • LV • M • N • N-IRL • NL • P • PL • Q • RSM • S • SCO • SCV • SLO • TR • USA • YU
justrtw.com
Brenhden

Post by Brenhden »

It could iust be an eardrum perforation. If so it will heal soon :)
-Ralph- wrote:Anyone else suffer from this after a long ride? I was on the bike for 9 hours on Saturday and ever since I got back it sounds like someone is blowing air in my left ear. I do use earplugs. I am slightly deaf already from not wearing earplugs or loud music when I was younger
And now, Harry, let us step out into the night and pursue that flighty temptress, adventure.

Suzuki DR200 Djebel.
🇬🇧🇫🇷🇧🇪🇱🇺🇪🇸🇬🇷🇩🇪
johnnyboxer

Post by johnnyboxer »

Yep, got it

Riding bikes, i'm afraid

Loos of hearing in my left ear, so protecting my right ear now

Got some moulded ear plugs, with filters (Green Leopard) for last 3 year and a godsend

Mucho improved

Cost me about £100 and best money I've spent for biking
We buy things we don't need

With money we don't have

To impress people we don't even like
PeterT

Post by PeterT »

Yep. I wear plugs for any ride over an hour. Rode to Edinburgh and back last weekend and had the humming well into the night. I still play guitar too loud though which can't help. I reckon I must have some of the high range loss associated with age but my last hearing test (MrsT asked me to get tested as she thought I wasn't listening enough) was pretty good considering.:-)
Will

Post by Will »

Had it for about 4 years now first of doc said it was my job HGV Tech , as i was sat there with broken leg in plaster i pointed this out quick as flash he said stress !!!!!!!! you do get used to it i have radio on everywhere now sleeping can be problem if you have cold or bunged up seems to make it lot louder , but as i'm sure my wife would tell you i could sleep on washing line :whistle: (thumbs)
Bsa A10
Brads

Post by Brads »

Had it for years, and have to live with it constantly, it is quite loud and really starting to annoy these days.
Round the world ???

Round the bend more like !
Redsoul

Tinnitus

Post by Redsoul »

In my mid forties now and after too any years f very loud music and riding bike without ear plugs I get a constant whistling sound in my left ear...on a better note since I have used ear plugs and no more loud music it has become less intrusive.
badsanta

Post by badsanta »

-Ralph- wrote:Anyone else suffer from this after a long ride? I was on the bike for 9 hours on Saturday and ever since I got back it sounds like someone is blowing air in my left ear. I do use earplugs. I am slightly deaf already from not wearing earplugs or loud music when I was younger
Yes i do and there is no cure except time travel i.e. lose twenty years.It will be with you always so get used to it
special one

Post by special one »

I wear earplugs all the time unless on the trails doing low speeds, I've had temporary symptoms when not wearing decent plugs or not had them in properly, goes after a day or so.

Col, get better plugs :)
Current bikes...

2003 KTM 950 adventure in silvery blue...

2013 KTM 450 exc-f in orange /white

2007 Scorpa SY250 trials in blue.

Return to “THE PUB”