Anything goes, and mine's a Guinness.
Nigel

Re: Maybe no more tax discs

Post by Nigel »

So what happens if you can`t register online? ie my Mother :unsure:
V_King

Post by V_King »

it's about time. hopefully the old form filling and letter sending system for getting sorn etc will be scrapped as well.
""
OB1

Post by OB1 »

Nigel wrote:So what happens if you can`t register online? ie my Mother :unsure:
I would have thought that the Post Office will give this service as they always have.
A • AND • B • CDN • CH • CN • CY • CYM • CZ • D • DK • E • EST • ET • F • FIN • GR • HK • HR • I • IL • IRL • L • LT • LV • M • N • N-IRL • NL • P • PL • Q • RSM • S • SCO • SCV • SLO • TR • USA • YU
justrtw.com
picos mestizo

Post by picos mestizo »

johnnyboxer wrote:Gonna be cheaper for me :laugh:

Tax one bike (they're all BMWs) and just swap it's plate onto the other 2, when I take them out

ANPR only checks reg numbers and not chassis/VIN numbers

Sorted......legit

Luvvly jubbly :whistle:
Could be dodgy if you have an insurance claim, accident or theft.
It's also fraud if you get caught & a criminal offence.
Not very .....legit.
But I like it :whistle: (thumbs)

Stick one up the establishment but don't get caught.
Lightness is everything.

Lightness with Grunt is a Scratcher!

An Adventure is not a tank transfer.
lancashirelad

Post by lancashirelad »

Nigel wrote:So what happens if you can`t register online? ie my Mother :unsure:
I read that pay at Post Office will still be available. (thumbs)
***just like Britney Spears oops I did it again……sold the Scrambler & as of now there may not be a replacement***
OB1

Post by OB1 »

Rhys wrote:At the end of the day I think its a good thing as it saves the arguments about carrying tax discs in my jacket pocket not mounted on the bike.
Many people that I know carry their disc in their wallet or pocket; I have done occasionally too.

The problem with this is when it comes to parking your bike in town: a passing traffic warden or beat copper won't know that you have it in your pocket so you will be charged with failure to display. The current law states that the disc should be displayed on the vehicle within 14 days of the expiration of the previous disc: failure to display could result in a prosecution. Having the disc in your pocket is not a excuse!
A • AND • B • CDN • CH • CN • CY • CYM • CZ • D • DK • E • EST • ET • F • FIN • GR • HK • HR • I • IL • IRL • L • LT • LV • M • N • N-IRL • NL • P • PL • Q • RSM • S • SCO • SCV • SLO • TR • USA • YU
justrtw.com
KEITH640

Post by KEITH640 »

i recon they will make it not tranferable
ie buy a second hand car and you will have to retax it
down to the old owner to reclaim current road fund licence ...how many wont bother?
Elle

Post by Elle »

This is great news. Renewed tax for my BM in September but the disc it's still in the kitchen. If stopped, I was planning to use the female and blonde excuse :blush:
living an ordinary life in a non-ordinary way
Fun Lovin Criminal

Post by Fun Lovin Criminal »

OB1 wrote:
Rhys wrote:At the end of the day I think its a good thing as it saves the arguments about carrying tax discs in my jacket pocket not mounted on the bike.
Many people that I know carry their disc in their wallet or pocket; I have done occasionally too.

The problem with this is when it comes to parking your bike in town: a passing traffic warden or beat copper won't know that you have it in your pocket so you will be charged with failure to display. The current law states that the disc should be displayed on the vehicle within 14 days of the expiration of the previous disc: failure to display could result in a prosecution. Having the disc in your pocket is not a excuse!
I haven't had an up to date tax disc on any of my bikes for a few years.

Had a chat with a lurking traffic warden about it once, explained it was because they kept getting stolen and he said he wasn't bothered about tax discs, just illegal parking.
mrdelmonti

Re: Re: Maybe no more tax discs

Post by mrdelmonti »

Elle wrote:This is great news. Renewed tax for my BM in September but the disc it's still in the kitchen. If stopped, I was planning to use the female and blonde excuse :blush:
I've tried that before, however being a dark haired male it didn't go down so well...

Return to “THE PUB”