Motorcycle Adventurers or Motorcycle Tourists. Discuss.

Anything goes, and mine's a Guinness.
picos mestizo

Re: Motorcycle Adventurers or Motorcycle Tourists. Discuss.

Post by picos mestizo »

AndyB wrote: might as well go on a package holiday to the Canaries.
That can be an adventure if you travel EasyJet :ohmy:
Lightness is everything.

Lightness with Grunt is a Scratcher!

An Adventure is not a tank transfer.
Fried Egg Sandwich

Post by Fried Egg Sandwich »

:laugh: :laugh: If you had my commute down the M40 and the M1 you'd consider it an Adventure every time - The varying terrain, the changing scenery, the rolling chicanes :whistle:
Suzuki DRZ400S
BMW R1150GS
Royal Enfield Interceptor 650

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." Edmund Burke Irish orator, philosopher, & politician (1729 - 1797)
Bernard Smith

Post by Bernard Smith »

boatman wrote:and your point is ?
Just a natter over a beer.... :-)

Reader’s Digest on TOUCHING THE WORLD - “…rueful, irreverent, always incredibly vivid, unfailingly honest, a powerful love story in a book crammed with astonishing achievements.”

http://www.worldtour.org.uk

http://www.amazon.co.uk/product-reviews ... wpoints=1/
2 wheeled tourist

Post by 2 wheeled tourist »

Bernard Smith wrote:Just sayin'......

BMW GS1200 Tourist

KTM 990 Tourist.

NAwwww - don't sound right does it.

But anyway, aren't all 'adventure' motorcyclists merely motorcycle tourists by another name?

:-)

…or even 2 wheeled tourist. Yeah, I’m a tourist and it’s down to lifestyle; job, lady, grandkids, holidays (on the bike).

There’s not much chance of the big adventure, but a little trip, each year, for two weeks, in the summer, you know, the tourist thing works only too well…
Hey! I'm a tourist. And that's how I like it.
Bernard Smith

Post by Bernard Smith »

2 wheeled tourist wrote:

BMW GS1200 Tourist

KTM 990 Tourist.

But anyway, aren't all 'adventure' motorcyclists merely motorcycle tourists by another name?

…or even 2 wheeled tourist. Yeah, I’m a tourist and it’s down to lifestyle; job, lady, grandkids, holidays (on the bike).

There’s not much chance of the big adventure, but a little trip, each year, for two weeks, in the summer, you know, the tourist thing works only too well…
(The) Two wheeled tourist.... mmmm ... now there's a good title for a book..... :-)

Reader’s Digest on TOUCHING THE WORLD - “…rueful, irreverent, always incredibly vivid, unfailingly honest, a powerful love story in a book crammed with astonishing achievements.”

http://www.worldtour.org.uk

http://www.amazon.co.uk/product-reviews ... wpoints=1/
2 wheeled tourist

suffolkgsrider wrote:An adventure is an exciting or unusual experience;() it may also be a bold, usually risky undertaking, with an uncertain outcome.[1] Adventures may be activities with some potential for physical danger such as skydiving, mountain climbing or participating in extreme sports. The term also broadly refers to any enterprise that is potentially fraught with physical, financial or psychological risk, such as a business venture, a love affair, or other major life undertakings.

A tourist avoids risk and has a return ticket.
Adventure, too, is also leaving comfortable parts (home) and seeing other parts-of-the-world (Europe, and a little beyond) for a short while, then coming home to the mundane. Its a visit to new & fresh places, you know, a little different from the people who say to me "...you went all that way on a bike? On your own? I couldn't do that... :ohmy:"
2 wheeled tourist

Fried Egg Sandwich wrote:
suffolkgsrider wrote:A tourist avoids risk and has a return ticket.
...a tourist observes, an adventurer experiences? :dry:
A tourist can also experiance, if they so wish to do so, it it, still, on a level higher than the stay-at-home types who are still only dreaming: "Living the dream", my dream, this is what I tell myself each time I cross the water, and with my big cheesy grin and a tank full of gas, I head foreword to the unknown...then some 10 to 14 days later, I'm back home...reminiscing on the dream that has recently been made into reality (thumbs) (thumbs)
bimota

Post by bimota »

AndyB wrote:It's an adventure if the rider thinks it is and it really doesn't matter how others describe it.

The way some people describe it you'd think the rider had to be alone and only ride on gravel tracks then pretend they're Bear Grylls at night or they might as well go on a package holiday to the Canaries.
Spot on. Andyb
2 wheeled tourist

Bernard Smith wrote:
2 wheeled tourist wrote:

BMW GS1200 Tourist

KTM 990 Tourist.

(The) Two wheeled tourist.... mmmm ... now there's a good title for a book..... :-)
Hi Bernard, I'm the guy, via Facebook, who told you that I'd told the local Blind Society about your book, and that the'll put it in their monthly paper...and yes, The Two Wheeled Tourist IS a great title for a book!
utaka

Post by utaka »

.[/quote]

That can be an adventure if you travel EasyJet :ohmy:[/quote]

Ah Easyjet, 'The council estate with wings'

Return to “THE PUB”