Is this a motorbike forum ???

Anything goes, and mine's a Guinness.
zimtim

Re: Is this a motorbike forum ???

Post by zimtim »

Candle_on_head.jpg
Candle_on_head.jpg (19.9 KiB) Viewed 2218 times
Bernard Smith wrote:
Dazzer wrote:Bernard. I' in need of help ! I'm commenting Internet suicide . Post trip depression I think :dry:
*uck it, me too sometimes. Greetings to widnes BTW.

PS - can anybody tell me what head torch to buy?
fatbert

Post by fatbert »

IJnoGSer wrote: Hardcore ? On pogos doing 0mph in the dry, dressed in borrowed gear with a organized leader, fully trained in first aid. Oh yes very hard core lol

Photo taken at the top of the Gorge in South Africa's Wild Coast

First Aiders were essential as most rode down but not all made it out in one-piece - no Air Ambulance there - you rode in so you had to ride out

One did with a busted wrist - another with a popped collar bone

Checkout the video?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DyZ0NcM-KSM

Anyway what about my central heating programmer problem? - freezing here :-P
-Ralph-

Post by -Ralph- »

WTF is this clique all about that's risen up in the last few days that says if your not riding an adventure your not worthy of comment on this forum. It's called "Adventure Bike Rider", not "I'm on an f*cking adventure 9 months of the year, therefore I'm a hero".

Some of us work for a living, pay mortgages, support families, and yes, for many that does mean sitting at a desk in front of a computer all day. For others that means building or making things. These people sitting in front of computers, or making things, are the ones that get bikes built, petrol & oil refined and shipped, ferrys running, and tyres made, without them you wouldn't be having any adventures.

There is nothing wrong with the life of the average man who works full time, and spends his spare time with his family. I'd guess the vast majority of riders on this forum ride through winter and do 10 times the annual mileage of your average Sunday warrior with a sports bike in the garage, and goes for mini adventures on his holidays whenever he gets the chance.

I fit the above mould, I like my life, I feel very privileged to have my life, and I DO NOT think it would be richer if I were riding around the planet on a motorbike and sleeping on my own in a tent every night.

If the forum isn't enough like the HUBB for you anymore then f*ck off, or try Visordown if you really wanna get pissed off by reading crap.
"Luke, you're going to find that many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view" - Obi-Wan Kenobi
Rhys

Post by Rhys »

Just to add, its not like 'talking to a stranger down the pub' as a lot of people on here know each other very well.
chrisuk

Post by chrisuk »

I was just glancing at the forum rules at http://adventurebikerider.com/forum/rules.html

The following were interesting:

Please refrain from using swear words in posts.

Always treat fellow posters with respect and courtesy.

Responses within a thread must remain "on topic" to that thread. The mods will exercise discretion and will delete posts within a thread that appear to "invade" the thread or digress from its subject.
chillidave

Post by chillidave »

zimtim wrote:
Candle_on_head.jpg
Bernard Smith wrote:
Dazzer wrote:Bernard. I' in need of help ! I'm commenting Internet suicide . Post trip depression I think :dry:
*uck it, me too sometimes. Greetings to widnes BTW.

PS - can anybody tell me what head torch to buy?
Don't know but that ones getting on his wick. :whistle:
Orsoncarts

Post by Orsoncarts »

chrisuk wrote:
Orsoncarts wrote:
kito wrote:WTF is going on with this site ? Is it a motorbike forum were we all come to talk about bikes and travel or just a place were we open are mouths and let sh** fall out ? I mean the are far to many threads of I need a job ,should I have a baby , does my ass look big on this chair ect. If we are not carfull the will be no good info on this site and it will become a grain of dust in history
So you've been a member for two years, and posted 67 times, wow, what would we do without you...??? :whistle:
It's amazing how little time people have to post on forums when they're actually having adventures on a bike.

It also amazes me that when they find the time, they just come on and moan.....that was my point... :whistle:
I have absolutely no idea how to add a signature....!
gibbo1974

Post by gibbo1974 »

kito wrote: WTF is going on with this site ? Is it a motorbike forum were we all come to talk about bikes and travel or just a place were we open are mouths and let sh** fall out ? I mean the are far to many threads of I need a job ,should I have a baby , does my ass look big on this chair ect. If we are not carfull the will be no good info on this site and it will become a grain of dust in history
75 posts and you think you can judge the site?

If you want to talk about bikes start a "I only want to talk about bikes" thread.

See? a little ingenuity and you'd have what you want.
LargeWayRound

Post by LargeWayRound »

:cheer:
-Ralph-

Post by -Ralph- »

Sorry boss :blush: to be honest with you, The only forum I used regularly before this had a swear filter haven't actually read the rules here. Saw swearing, and nobody moaned, so monkey see monkey do. I'm clearly a chimp!
"Luke, you're going to find that many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view" - Obi-Wan Kenobi

Return to “THE PUB”