Who wants to race in UK rallies (Hafren/Cambrian etc) and doesn't? can't? won't?

Anything goes, and mine's a Guinness.
bowman660z

Re: Who wants to race in UK rallies (Hafren/Cambrian etc) and doesn't? can't? won't?

Post by bowman660z »

how can I sign up for next year? did the 10hr night race at D2D n loved it so want to give the big bike challenge a go :)
motorbike

Re: Who wants to race in UK rallies (Hafren/Cambrian etc) and doesn't? can't? won't?

Post by motorbike »

anyone have dates or links for this type of event...done the cambrain 10 years back i think our wee group came in last ....i can remember the sweeper tying to bump start my xr600...very annoying as i told them only a good kick would do it.....still good fun
APD_660Ten

Next

Post by APD_660Ten »

It's on my 2014 to do list. No real reason for not doing it, just too many other bikey things to fit in and a limited time and cash to do it with.

Sent from my GT-P5110 using Tapatalk 4
Mike54

Post by Mike54 »

Warning though - it's HIGHLY addictive
Rob 110

Post by Rob 110 »

Mike54 wrote:Warning though - it's HIGHLY addictive
oh yeah!
i did Hafren/Cambrian mid 90s on Transalp/XR6 and did ok results wise and enjoyed them
then went down the enduro & KTM300 route for 8yrs
did Hafren again 4yrs ago on CCM644
did one day of Beacons on CCM404 and won the trail class that day :)
then 3 rallies last year and 3 wins on it and came 3rd in class overall
this year built the Transalp thing and did 5 events and came 3rd in class overall
B)
Mid Wales Trails offroad tour guide: Barmouth, Llangollen, Dolgellau, Rhayader, Llandovery, Monmouth, Shropshire.

PM for details or click: SweetLamb Adventure Bike Academy

https://imgur.com/ZTqhFlL
tommo tenere

Post by tommo tenere »

I am a bit like g00ner really, done two events, the K2 in Kielder and the Centennial in Carlisle, had a fantastic time, best off road riding weekends ever, and as Mike54 just said yes its VERY addictive, but cash, and the shortage of it is the only factor in stopping me doing more, but I will be back next year, hopefully the ones local to me and some in Wales.

Cheers
Tommo
dave_ac

Post by dave_ac »

Any body want to but together a team of first timers? Safety in numbers sort of thing? Big(ish) bikes and goal is to have a good time in the North Of England?
herman

Post by herman »

Truly Dave if you post on here or the rallymoto forum you will get like minded folks to ride with. Wilso's first rally was on his 950se and he is hooked, he just came along with us and learnt about cramp in the legs, oh how we chuckled. :laugh:
The secret of a long life is knowing when its time to go.
Mike54

Post by Mike54 »

dave_ac wrote:Any body want to but together a team of first timers? Safety in numbers sort of thing? Big(ish) bikes and goal is to have a good time in the North Of England?
Dave, I'm betting that the boys from the rally moto club would put on a "taster day" if enough people were interested ie chats about what goes on, a load of riding on the kind of terrain etc.

Return to “THE PUB”