Today I are mainly listening to ...

Anything goes, and mine's a Guinness.
Nigel

Re: Today I are mainly listening to ...

Post by Nigel »

daveuprite

Post by daveuprite »

Yeah but while Wham were churning out that cheerful crap, I was slashing my wrists to this:

Still one of the best songs ever IMHO.
daveuprite

Post by daveuprite »

On the subject of Eighties music...

At some point today I may end up cutting my own head off. Why? Because I have got stuck with what the germans call an 'OhrWurm' (an ear worm) - which is basically a tune that you can't bloody get rid of on a loop inside your head.

Which would be OK if the tune was something cool, BUT in this case, today, it is....

'This Old House' by Shakin Stevens. :twisted: :shock:

It's just appalling. What the f*ck is it doing in there? What did I do to deserve this? Aaaaggghhhh!
boboneleg

Post by boboneleg »

That's feckin hilarious :lol:
one-legged adventurer
boboneleg

Post by boboneleg »

one-legged adventurer
Simon_100

Post by Simon_100 »

daveuprite wrote: Mon Mar 19, 2018 1:36 pm On the subject of Eighties music...

At some point today I may end up cutting my own head off. Why? Because I have got stuck with what the germans call an 'OhrWurm' (an ear worm) - which is basically a tune that you can't bloody get rid of on a loop inside your head.

Which would be OK if the tune was something cool, BUT in this case, today, it is....

'This Old House' by Shakin Stevens. :twisted: :shock:

It's just appalling. What the f*ck is it doing in there? What did I do to deserve this? Aaaaggghhhh!
That's really, really bad. But I had a bout of it too today Rock an' Roll by Gary Glitter ... HEALTH WARNING - don't watch this!

PS I actually went to see The Glitter Band back in about 1973 or 74. To my credit I spend the entire evening trying to get my hand inside someone's blouse - I can remember her name but little else, apart from the fact that without me she would never have gotten her 'O' Level Chemistry so I reckoned she owed me some. But I can't remember the 'show' at all! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Regs

Simon
Be sure to visit www.thespanishbiker.com the invaluable guide to motorcycling in Spain - plus guided rides, HISS Events* and off road touring support service

*Highly Informal Sojourns in Spain
Simon_100

Post by Simon_100 »

daveuprite wrote: Sun Mar 18, 2018 7:06 am "Not really, I just fossilised at some point in the very early eighties ."

Ah but such good stuff was just kicking off then...
Buy you Dave were a London savvy, sweet-wise Essex boy while I was bit a mere hic hillbilly from them thar Shropshire hills ... :D

Regs

Simon
Be sure to visit www.thespanishbiker.com the invaluable guide to motorcycling in Spain - plus guided rides, HISS Events* and off road touring support service

IanB

Post by IanB »

A nice swansong.......

Time knows no limits for days such as these.............
Simon_100

Post by Simon_100 »

herman wrote: Sun Mar 18, 2018 7:49 pm Mate of mine used to run a club in Londinium back in the day which George and his pals frequented. Come his break he had to usher them in the back door so to speak, my mates one claim to fame before the bottle came and took him :cry:
Sorry to hear about your mate, Allen, not the first and no doubt not the last ...

Meanwhile your story brought this to mind, not really sure why apart from the title though:

Simon

daveuprite

Post by daveuprite »

Simon_100 wrote: Mon Mar 19, 2018 8:35 pm
daveuprite wrote: Sun Mar 18, 2018 7:06 am "Not really, I just fossilised at some point in the very early eighties ."

Ah but such good stuff was just kicking off then...
Buy you Dave were a London savvy, sweet-wise Essex boy while I was bit a mere hic hillbilly from them thar Shropshire hills ... :D

Regs

Simon
I was certainly a London-ite, but not sure where you got the Essex Boy bit from, Simon. I went through a long period of going to gigs in London and the Thames Valley between about 1982 and 2002. Can't say I ever went to a rave in Shropshire though....

Re. Paul Weller - saw him a couple of times but never in The Jam sadly. Crashed my old VW Scirocco on the way back from a Style Council gig in 1984!

Return to “THE PUB”