£800,000 speed camera on Cat and Fiddle fails

Anything goes, and mine's a Guinness.
herman

Re: £800,000 speed camera on Cat and Fiddle fails

Post by herman »

We had traffic lights installed on the entry slips onto the M3 a short while ago to 'ease flow' Now what idiot spent thousands on that? They were scrapped within months as if a slow accelerating vehicle was at the front of the que then you had twenty vehicles joining the motorway en-mass. My ten year old worked out the flaws in seconds. :angry:
The secret of a long life is knowing when its time to go.
scouse

Post by scouse »

BC letjog wrote:
scouse wrote:Love this how everyone is on catch up... it's been common knowledge that since it's inception it was a no go system.

Been in discussions with local council road safety guys recently and they shake their heads in despair when it gets mentioned as even they said it would never work at the time but Cheshire plunged on with it... :D
Yeah I remember being up the cat when they were getting put up we knew it weren't going work back then.. :whistle:
Would be making more noise if I was you as it's your lot who blew nearly a million on it :D
Gaffer tape is The Force! It has a light side and a dark side and holds the Universe together!

"I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth." - Steve McQueen
CRAIGREVO

Post by CRAIGREVO »

Education wouldn't work for the summertime weekend riders. Gravel is the best way to deal with them, I can still have fun on gravel but they simply wont ride on it, and if they did it would be really slow to avoid there paint getting chipped. :laugh: :laugh:
BC letjog

Post by BC letjog »

Would be making more noise if I was you as it's your lot who blew nearly a million on it :D[/quote]

To be honest they aint going take any notice of a NHS worker now student, when they dont listen to there colleagues.

But that country through and through :S
Ride Safe, Ride Free
rlkat

Post by rlkat »

I know; as we all have 'adventure' bikes shouldn't we be making our own new track, 'as the crow flies, from buxton to macclesfield!

rob
I've no idea how to add a signature.
davsato

Post by davsato »

lets be realistic, £800,000 is nothing these days. it wouldnt even cover the annual tax rebate on the house of commons bar
Dave
scouse

Post by scouse »

BC letjog wrote:Would be making more noise if I was you as it's your lot who blew nearly a million on it :D
To be honest they aint going take any notice of a NHS worker now student, when they dont listen to there colleagues.

But that country through and through :S[/quote]

Local elections are coming up - make some noise in the local press and start writing to the county councilors - get involved with your local MAG /BMF groups and see about getting a RAV session in your area.

We are getting together with High Peak MAG to get a Riders Are Voters session in April, where you can bet that the Cat and Fiddle cock up is going to be high on the agenda.

Politically they need all need to make friends with the electorate again and know they will be accountable... it's one of those weird periods were political animals are running scared so will do anything to stay out of the crosshairs of pissed off people voting. :D

Looking forward to the one round here as it means I get to ask them uncomfortable questions, nothing so satisfying as seeing a smarmy git squirm and fear flitting across their eyes as you give them a question they can't answer truthfully without alienating the audience ;)
Gaffer tape is The Force! It has a light side and a dark side and holds the Universe together!

"I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth." - Steve McQueen
OB1

Post by OB1 »

scouse wrote:Local elections are coming up - make some noise in the local press and start writing to the county councilors - get involved with your local MAG /BMF groups and see about getting a RAV session in your area.
Going by last night's Barnsley bye election, trying to pass a message by voting is a total waste of time: a "major victory to the Labour party with 60% of the vote" = 60% of a 30% turnout = 18% of the total electorate... hardly convincing in what was already a "safe" seat! :blink:

At least give this lot a go before you try to "send them a message" in the local elections, especially when the message that you send and the one they hear are probably totally different! :pinch: I agree with lobbying your councillor/MP/action group, but sending a message by voting against the incumbent NEVER works!
A • AND • B • CDN • CH • CN • CY • CYM • CZ • D • DK • E • EST • ET • F • FIN • GR • HK • HR • I • IL • IRL • L • LT • LV • M • N • N-IRL • NL • P • PL • Q • RSM • S • SCO • SCV • SLO • TR • USA • YU
justrtw.com
scouse

Post by scouse »

OB1 wrote:
scouse wrote:Local elections are coming up - make some noise in the local press and start writing to the county councilors - get involved with your local MAG /BMF groups and see about getting a RAV session in your area.
Going by last night's Barnsley bye election, trying to pass a message by voting is a total waste of time: a "major victory to the Labour party with 60% of the vote" = 60% of a 30% turnout = 18% of the total electorate... hardly convincing in what was already a "safe" seat! :blink:

At least give this lot a go before you try to "send them a message" in the local elections, especially when the message that you send and the one they hear are probably totally different! :pinch: I agree with lobbying your councillor/MP/action group, but sending a message by voting against the incumbent NEVER works!
It's one of those periods were they know just telling people what they want to hear will not work... a good old fashioned hustings is great you can really push them close to showing their true colours. Nothing like a partisan crowd to get their knees trembling ;)

And it is important to vote, it's by not voting we have the shitehawks in power at the moment. They don't actually have the overall vote of a third of the country... but still they are shafting us all.

If you don't vote , don't moan about it, as by not voting you helped cause it! :evil:

OB1

Post by OB1 »

scouse wrote:And it is important to vote,
I totally agree with that - I've voted in every election that I have been able to!
scouse wrote:it's by not voting we have the shitehawks in power at the moment. They don't actually have the overall vote of a third of the country... but still they are shafting us all.
I also agree that apathy is what has given us the current government, but what do you mean by "shafting us"? Would you have preferred to keep the previous lot running up the bills, selling all the gold at rock bottom prices and getting us into even more debt? How much of the cuts are actually affecting you directly and in an adverse way?
scouse wrote:If you don't vote , don't moan about it, as by not voting you helped cause it! :evil:
I agree with your sentiment, Scouse, even if we don't see eye-to-eye on the politics! ;) :P
A • AND • B • CDN • CH • CN • CY • CYM • CZ • D • DK • E • EST • ET • F • FIN • GR • HK • HR • I • IL • IRL • L • LT • LV • M • N • N-IRL • NL • P • PL • Q • RSM • S • SCO • SCV • SLO • TR • USA • YU
justrtw.com

Return to “THE PUB”