Insulating a shed

Anything goes, and mine's a Guinness.
spasm

Re: Insulating a shed

Post by spasm »

im a house/general builder, i would use 50mm cavity bats, theyre a bit more dense than ur average rockwool type insulation, easy to fit, then 9mm wbp ply screwed to the 3x2's after uve 1st fixed the electrics, then 2nd fix, job done. buy it for trade prices at any builders merchants just tell them ur a builder and u want the best price. theyre all after the trade these days ;)
i only need one wheel .......... the rear
stanbloke

Post by stanbloke »

spasm wrote:im a house/general builder, i would use 50mm cavity bats, theyre a bit more dense than ur average rockwool type insulation, easy to fit, then 9mm wbp ply screwed to the 3x2's after uve 1st fixed the electrics, then 2nd fix, job done. buy it for trade prices at any builders merchants just tell them ur a builder and u want the best price. theyre all after the trade these days ;)
Spasm,

cheers for this. :)
Paul-S

Post by Paul-S »

I can see a den coming on here
stanbloke

Post by stanbloke »

Paul-S wrote:I can see a den coming on here
Got a kettle ?. :laugh:

I have my radio on and i have a small oil-filled radiator that i can put on low to make it toasty. happy as a happy thing. :P
Will

Post by Will »

stanbloke wrote:

I have my radio on and i have a small oil-filled radiator that i can put on low to make it toasty. happy as a happy thing. :P
Same here used to have mate who worked at Hook norton brewery :woohoo: so used to get odd barrel of Hooky :) didn't get much work done but got a lot of visitors B)
Bsa A10
stanbloke

Post by stanbloke »

Will wrote:
stanbloke wrote:

Same here used to have mate who worked at Hook norton brewery :woohoo: so used to get odd barrel of Hooky :) didn't get much work done but got a lot of visitors B)
I have a KTM 400 EGS to strip and rebuild so i will make it as comfy as poss. :laugh:
sidestand

Post by sidestand »

Will wrote:
stanbloke wrote:

That's the sort of best mate I'm after B)
PaulG

Post by PaulG »

I hope I'm not the only one who, when scanning the topics on the forum, reads this as "Insulting a shed".

Why would you insult a shed?

Paul :laugh:
Stormforce8

Post by Stormforce8 »

Stan - here's a good tip.

Put down an additional floor layer of OSB board (ideally 18mm thick), and give it a couple of coats of grey garage floor paint.

It'll really firm up the floor and stop any spring - especially if you plan on working on the bikes, spills won't soak in, and it's really easy to keep clean (finding that small screw that just pinged out becomes a lot easier)
Boo Cock

Post by Boo Cock »

Carpets are the norm for my shed, plus kettle, biccies, nice comfy stool, good sound system and plenty of bikes. Allways fit a lock on the inside. Keeps 'er in doors on the outside.

Boo. :whistle:

Return to “THE PUB”