Have you done a runner or similar?

Anything goes, and mine's a Guinness.
Jim Lovell

Re: Have you done a runner or similar?

Post by Jim Lovell »

900Fantrider wrote:
Treadtrader wrote:I agree with the many complaints recieved.
Not needed on this forum.
Nice move Dave! Twice in a week really takes the piss! Thanks for getting rid even if it looks like Im sticking my nose up your arse :sick: :sick: :sick:

cheers Marc
Teachers pet :P :kiss:
Real men ride twins ;-)
Old Git Ray

Post by Old Git Ray »

Throttled wrote:I would be interested to know the justification for doing a runner from various campsites. I don't see how vandalising a room necessarily gets back at the person who went in to it. It would also affect others completely innocent to what took place.

I have done a runner, with a friend from a little hotel in Madrid. A young guy checked us in and took our details. That night I was woken up by someone banging on the hotel door (we were next to it) and I eventually got up and let the person in, another younger guy. In the morning we could not find any staff at all. After a shower and some breakfast I went to where we had been checked in and found the door slightly open. I pushed it open to find the guy who had checked us in on all fours on the floor being given one up the arse by the guy I had let in during the night. We ran away and never paid. :ohmy:
I think under those circumstances, I would have done the same. Nothing wrong with not wanting to do business (touch) with the check in guy.
Sopwith Camel

Post by Sopwith Camel »

Ok my 2 pence worth....
So someone went into your room, set the alarm off and then left quickly!

So did it ever enter your tiny little brain that it could have been one of the follow...
The cleaner got the wrong room?
The maintance guy checking on a previous problem?
To be honest with you it could have been many harmless reasons.
Perhaps nicking your things was not on the agenda.

You should have made the manager aware!
davsato

Post by davsato »

Sopwith Camel wrote:Ok my 2 pence worth....
So someone went into your room, set the alarm off and then left quickly!

So did it ever enter your tiny little brain that it could have been one of the follow...
.......The cleaner......
reading just the original post, true story or not, the maid was exactly my first thought.
anyway now theres been bannage going on, so bollox to him.
Dave
Jim Lovell

Post by Jim Lovell »

I can still access his profile page, thought if you are banned thats not possible.

Does he need to be banned or just a warning. :unsure:
Real men ride twins ;-)
Still Gotta Pulse

Post by Still Gotta Pulse »

Jim Lovell wrote:I can still access his profile page, thought if you are banned thats not possible.

Generic response:-

This is one of the problems with forums unfortunately. A low count poster, or newcomer speaks their opinion/experience, the collective disagree and it turns into a kangaroo court.

Why does the label 'Troll' have to come up whenever somebody posts something that arguably appears objective to others?
The post in itself was harmless, it is the sequence of responses that creates the problem.

The OP then turns the table and gives the same back which in turn results in a ban.

The unfortunate thing with forums is that when people get to be familiar with one another, whether that be by online communications or ride outs it starts to form a clique and it just takes one unknown person to say the wrong thing and each clique in turn finds a convenient bench on the bandwagon to have their turn at throwing playground words.

In case some of you hadn't realised there is a real world taking place whereby people DO have alternative opinions, they DO say things to provoke a reaction and they DO have as much entitlement as anybody else to express their opinion/experiences. Some of those people will be people you have met for the very first time. Are they all trolls in the real world?
To provoke a reaction on a subject shouldn't strike fear into people, it should open a doorway to communications and debate.

The personal insults thrown by some in relation to the OPs unknown private life are far more deserving of a ban than the OP in this instance.

The forum is what you make it. This means that if YOU tag onto a thread that you disagree with and assist, yes assist, the degeneration of that thread , in some cases from the initial response onwards, then it is YOU (collectively) that gives the forum the impression it may or may not have to others.
rlkat

Post by rlkat »

Still Gotta Pulse wrote:
Jim Lovell wrote:I can still access his profile page, thought if you are banned thats not possible.

This is one of the problems with forums unfortunately. A low count poster, or newcomer speaks their opinion/experience, the collective disagree and it turns into a kangaroo court.

Why does the label 'Troll' have to come up whenever somebody posts something that arguably appears objective to others?
The post in itself was harmless, it is the sequence of responses that creates the problem.

The OP then turns the table and gives the same back which in turn results in a ban.

The unfortunate thing with forums is that when people get to be familiar with one another, whether that be by online communications or ride outs it starts to form a clique and it just takes one unknown person to say the wrong thing and each clique in turn finds a convenient bench on the bandwagon to have their turn at throwing playground words.

In case some of you hadn't realised there is a real world taking place whereby people DO have alternative opinions, they DO say things to provoke a reaction and they DO have as much entitlement as anybody else to express their opinion/experiences. Some of those people will be people you have met for the very first time. Are they all trolls in the real world?
To provoke a reaction on a subject shouldn't strike fear into people, it should open a doorway to communications and debate.

The personal insults thrown by some in relation to the OPs unknown private life are far more deserving of a ban than the OP in this instance.

The forum is what you make it. This means that if YOU tag onto a thread that you disagree with and assist, yes assist, the degeneration of that thread , in some cases from the initial response onwards, then it is YOU (collectively) that gives the forum the impression it may or may not have to others.
He wasn't here to discuss or impart knowledge. He was here to troll for his own amusement. Just look at his replies.
I've no idea how to add a signature.
special one

Post by special one »

MY generic 2p worth, for what it's worth in a pointless thread...

There is a difference between a differing opinion to a thread or post that is posted solely for the purpose of creating a negative reaction.

Lately, some posts have been deliberately posted with the sole purpose of getting fellow members to attack/ insult/ get worked up over, to me this is not a differing opinion, it's trolling.

I welcome differing opinions on this and other forums, it's what makes a good forum, I would never throw insults at these people the same as I wouldn't if speaking in a pub to them.
This is my general rule tbh, don't type what you wouldn't say in person, stick by this and you can't go far wrong.
Current bikes...

2003 KTM 950 adventure in silvery blue...

2013 KTM 450 exc-f in orange /white

2007 Scorpa SY250 trials in blue.
Still Gotta Pulse

Post by Still Gotta Pulse »

rlkat wrote:
He wasn't here to discuss or impart knowledge. He was here to troll for his own amusement. Just look at his replies.
I did look at his replies , did you look at the replies that he replied to?
Jim Lovell

Post by Jim Lovell »

Still Gotta Pulse wrote:

Hence my comment.
Real men ride twins ;-)

Return to “THE PUB”