WHAT WOULD HELP OUR AILING INDUSTRY

Anything goes, and mine's a Guinness.
father zed

Re: WHAT WOULD HELP OUR AILING INDUSTRY

Post by father zed »

Old Git Ray wrote:
africajim wrote:......

Scotland hopefully will lead the way forward in renewable technologies, this coupled with oil, services, housing and the tourism industry will see Scotland into the future, I believe the future is bright for Scotland, and as a country in its own right will see this being the most prosperous and one of the best countries in the UK to live in.
Roll on independence! (Yes I am an SNP supporter).
I know this is off topic but as it has been bought up....

Are we talking about the country that paid the Polish £2000 to work there and when the money was handed over they went back to England.

I watched a TV debate where Salmonds female side kick kept on about Norway being independant and doing very well. She obviously had not been there. Tax is ridiculous as is the cost of general living. The Norwegians hate it.

On top of that there are only about 30% of Scots that actually want it and Salmond does not have the balls to ask the question straight out "Do you want to break from England". Instead he is hiding behind something like "do you want more self determination" in the hope that he will get more votes and give hime the powere to impliment his master plan. President of Scotland. The man is a fool.

I am half Scot and my wife is a Scot. I cannot wait for Salmond to fall flat on his face because the damage he is doing between the English and the Scots will take a long time to repair.

Currenty, Westminister allocates about £1000 more per person in Scotland than it does to the English. How long is this going to last ?
I think we need a thread for this subject matter...
Not that I mind people going off topic, I'm guilty of that myself often enough :laugh:
Interesting subject matter in its own right, that's what I'm getting at.
Frustrated Nomad :-) (but one day, things will change)
BicycleSeatSniffer

Post by BicycleSeatSniffer »

Old Git Ray wrote:
africajim wrote:......

Scotland hopefully will lead the way forward in renewable technologies, this coupled with oil, services, housing and the tourism industry will see Scotland into the future, I believe the future is bright for Scotland, and as a country in its own right will see this being the most prosperous and one of the best countries in the UK to live in.
Roll on independence! (Yes I am an SNP supporter).
I know this is off topic but as it has been bought up....

Are we talking about the country that paid the Polish £2000 to work there and when the money was handed over they went back to England.

I watched a TV debate where Salmonds female side kick kept on about Norway being independant and doing very well. She obviously had not been there. Tax is ridiculous as is the cost of general living. The Norwegians hate it.

On top of that there are only about 30% of Scots that actually want it and Salmond does not have the balls to ask the question straight out "Do you want to break from England". Instead he is hiding behind something like "do you want more self determination" in the hope that he will get more votes and give hime the powere to impliment his master plan. President of Scotland. The man is a fool.

I am half Scot and my wife is a Scot. I cannot wait for Salmond to fall flat on his face because the damage he is doing between the English and the Scots will take a long time to repair.

Currenty, Westminister allocates about £1000 more per person in Scotland than it does to the English. How long is this going to last ?
The last sentence is wrong. Scotland pays more than it gets. And if what you claim is true, then why don't you support separation?

Whatever your opinions, you have no evidence to say that Salmond is a fool. Far from it; he is a big hitter in UK and European politics. So the 'fool' stuff undermines your opinion. He is doing NO damage to Scots/English relations, but idiots like football fans are, and the colonial attitude of many English people.

Salmond, like me, has often said how much he admires the English, not totally of course, for they have some wacky views. I'm not Scots or English.

I have to say, that people like you never ask WHY the Scots may want separation, and didnt ask why they wanted their own Parliament. Until you ask that, your're just thrashing around.

The Scots have had to put up with nonsense like the coins, stamps and headed notepaper saying Elizabeth II, when she is nothing of the sort - she is Elizabeth I. Sometimes people just don't get it. :blink:
Old Git Ray

Post by Old Git Ray »

I think we need a thread for this subject matter...
Not that I mind people going off topic, I'm guilty of that myself often enough :laugh:

Like this....

http://adventurebikerider.com/forum/9-t ... ution.html
father zed

Post by father zed »

Old Git Ray wrote:I think we need a thread for this subject matter...

Like this....

http://adventurebikerider.com/forum/9-t ... ution.html
Yes, just like that :laugh:
Frustrated Nomad :-) (but one day, things will change)
BicycleSeatSniffer

Richard Simpson wrote:I believe motorcycling will come back.
What do you base a 'belief' on? Here's a few facts;

Biking is a niche, tiny minority market; most are bought for luxury/pastime interest reasons. The UK has one of the lowest bike rider numbers in Western Europe. And dual sports bikes are a tiny section of a tiny section.

People dont buy bikes when the economy, wrecked by politicians and banksters, is dying, and the people are fed shit and kept in the dark and blame it on the unemployed, immigrants, HumptyDumpty and christ knows what else.

So bike sales fall. I see many bike shops closing now.
BicycleSeatSniffer

davsato wrote:
Jelly wrote:I always struggled to understand why biking isn't promoted more, when did you last see a TV commercial for anything bike related?
Because people prefer cars. Bikes are cold, windy and lead you into danger. You cant put the family in a bike, which is why in the 50s and 60s people got rid of bikes and I missed my chance to get some Vincents for pennies.
davsato

Post by davsato »

Old Git Ray wrote: currently Westminster allocates about £1000 more per person in Scotland than it does to the English. How long is this going to last ?
Better you lot than the Indian ballistic missile... Sorry, I meant "space" program
Dave
BicycleSeatSniffer

davsato wrote:
Old Git Ray wrote: currently Westminster allocates about £1000 more per person in Scotland than it does to the English. How long is this going to last ?
Better you lot than the Indian ballistic missile... Sorry, I meant "space" program
Wrong - Scotland pays England.
Itchy

Post by Itchy »

Next time you are at any kind of bike meet or just see another biker without his helmet, have a look how old he or she is, bet you they are over 40 well 90% of em.I have to agree with the comment about price also, way too expensive given that most(and i accept not all) bikers will use a car over the winter.

Vstrom1000 & Bandit600
MarkN

Post by MarkN »

Itchy wrote:Next time you are at any kind of bike meet or just see another biker without his helmet, have a look how old he or she is, bet you they are over 40 well 90% of em.I have to agree with the comment about price also, way too expensive given that most(and i accept not all) bikers will use a car over the winter.
Agreed with the age aspect, I also belong to the local IAM group and if we go out for a ride and pull into a cafe etc the looks on the faces of those already in the cafe is really funny as everyone removes their helmets! We even have one or two with blue badges.

Return to “THE PUB”