Ffi v Landrover

Anything goes, and mine's a Guinness.
beddowsm

Ffi v Landrover

Post by beddowsm »

.....Landrover won.

A few miles from the Midlands Rally coming round a sweeping bend, Ffi starts her overtake manouver but the Landrover hit the brakes and slowed down to turn right. Rear wheel locks up and Ffi swerves to avoid impact, just misses a car coming the other way and then the Landrover turns. Result.....Ffi hits the side of the Landrover and bounces across the carriageway. No idea how she managed to stay on the bike but she did. Id say impact was about 30-35 mph.

A bit shook up, as was the Landrover driver. No damage to the bike (a few small scratches). A dent on the Landrover.

So we set off home. 60 miles later we pulled into a service station and Ffi had a bit of pain with her leg (which took the full impact) so we quickly jumped back on the bike for the last 65 miles back. She was in real aggony by the time she got back. A quick trip to the pub then decided A&E was the best option. 4 hours later and they are keeping her in for a few nights (hopefully one, we will see). They suspected a broken Fibua due to the swelling but no breaks on the X-Ray so the docs are worried as to what is causing the swelling. Going to elevate it for the night. But her blood pressure is through the roof as well.

Think thats its for Ffi's biking days. Over as quickly as it started. Makes you think hard when you see a loved one in front of you heading for trouble and knowing theres nothing you can do. Happened in slow motion for me being only a few meters behind. And for those that think it may be a rash decision, you dont have to face the wrath of the Welsh Dragon tomorrow (mother in law). Plus theres 2 kids to consider as well.

Anyone want to buy an SV650? Or a Vara 125?
Sopwith Camel

Re: Ffi v Landrover

Post by Sopwith Camel »

Hope all turns out ok :)
Tramp

Post by Tramp »

Shit man..we are all at it...hope she pulls through and nothing that cant be fixed..

As too biking days over..let her chose at her pace and maybe some more morral support...judging over takes as you know comes with exzperience and practice..but countyr lanes and farm vehicles are hazzards in them selves..
900Fantrider

Post by 900Fantrider »

Really sorry to hear that Mike send her our best regards & hope Ffi has a speedy recovery

Soph and Marc
Too many Cagiva Elefants, Gran Canyons and Ducatis!
Azzalin SP and various others.
scouse

Post by scouse »

After facing the bog of doom two up as well... hope all heals quickly and give it time over the riding "thing".
Gaffer tape is The Force! It has a light side and a dark side and holds the Universe together!

"I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth." - Steve McQueen
dubber68

Post by dubber68 »

Hope she is OK and it is nothing serious. I second the comments above about giving her time.
I work to live. I live to ride. I ride to work, Ever felt like your going in circles.

Yamaha XT1200Z, Sertao, Herald 250, Xcountry & Vanvan

[IMG]http://i1264.photobucket.com/albums/jj4 ... POINTS.jpg[/IMG
Orsoncarts

Post by Orsoncarts »

Sorry to hear this mate, wishing Ffi a speedy recovery,
Steve.
I have absolutely no idea how to add a signature....!
Tyrant68

Post by Tyrant68 »

Hope they're just being over cautious.
Speedy recovery Ffi :)
"The trails of the world be countless, and most of the trails be tried.

You tread on the heels of many, till you come where the ways divide.

And one lies safe in the sunlight, and the other is dreary and wan, Yet you look aslant at the Lone Trail, and the Lone Trail lures you on....

....Bid good-bye to sweetheart, bid goodbye to friend, The Lone Trail, the Lone Trail, follow to the end.

Tarry not, and fear not, chosen of the true;

Lover of the Lone Trail, The Lone Trail waits for you"
palace15

Post by palace15 »

Hope all works out well.
brownrigby

Post by brownrigby »

Terrible.

All the very best.

Return to “THE PUB”