garyboy

Re: EU. In or out?

Post by garyboy »

with senility comes magnanimity :D
bill_qaz

Post by bill_qaz »

BREXIT EXPLAINED.....

David Cameron made a promise he didn't think he'd have to keep to have a referendum he didn't think he would lose. Boris Johnson decided to back the side he didn't believe in because he didn't think it would win. Then Gove, who said he wouldn't run, did, and Boris who said he would run, said he wouldn't, and Theresa May who didn't vote for Brexit got the job of making it happen. She called the election she said she wouldn't and lost the majority David Cameron hadn't expected to win in the first place. She triggered Article 50 when we didn't need to and said we would talk about trade at the same time as the divorce deal and the EU said they wouldn't so we didn't. People thought she wouldn't get the divorce settled but she did, but only by agreeing to separate arrangements for Northern Ireland when she had promised the DUP she wouldn't. Then the Cabinet agreed a deal but they hadn't, and David Davis who was Brexit Secretary but wasn't said it wasn't what people had voted for and he couldn't support what he had just supported and left Boris Johnson who hadn't left then wished that he had and did, but it was a bit late for that. Dominic Raab become the new Brexit secretary. People thought Theresa May wouldn't get a withdrawal agreement negotiated, but once she had they wished that she hadn't, because hardly anybody liked it whether they wanted to leave or not. Jacob Rees-Mogg kept threatening a vote of no confidence in her but not enough people were confident enough people would not have confidence in her to confidently call a no confidence vote. Dominic Raab said he hadn't really been Brexit Secretary either and resigned, and somebody else took the job but it probably isn't worth remembering who they are as they're not really doing the job either as Olly Robbins is. Then she said she would call a vote and didn't, that she wouldn't release some legal advice but had to, that she would get some concessions but didn't, and got cross that Juncker was calling her nebulous when he wasn't but probably should have been. At some point Jacob Rees Mogg and others called a vote of no confidence in her, which she won by promising to leave, so she can stay. But they said she had really lost it and should go, at the same time as saying that people who voted Leave knew what they were voting for which they couldn't possibly have because we still don't know now, and that we should leave the vote to Leave vote alone but have no confidence in the no confidence vote which won by more. The government also argued in court against us being able to say we didn't want to leave after all but it turned out we could. She named a date for the vote on her agreement which nobody expected to pass, while pretending that no deal which nobody wants is still possible (even though we know we can just say we are not leaving), and that we can't have a second referendum because having a democratic vote is undemocratic. And of course as expected she loses. Some people are talking about a managed no-deal which is not a deal but is not no-deal either.

Thank goodness for strong and stable government" — feeling confused.
AlanHolt

Post by AlanHolt »

I see Stereophonics have summed up British politics in a song/video.

Current bike is a Yamaha T7
DavidS

Post by DavidS »

AlanHolt wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 10:17 pm I see Stereophonics have summed up British politics in a song/video.

Pot calling the kettle black by the current state of Spanish politics. :lol:
2023 Husqvarna Norden 901
2014 KTM 690 ENDURO R
HedgeHopper

Post by HedgeHopper »

I recognise most here may have will little interest in Aviation beyond getting the Easy jet to Majorca., but heres a little anti-projekt fear piece
to lighten your mood

Certificates issued by UK companies, approved by the CAA under authority delegated to them by EASA, will remain valid in perpetuity. Parts which have already been warehoused across Europe or placed on aircraft will remain valid despite a No Deal – which means parts that have been produced by UK companies continue their validity across Europe. (These includes production certificates, maintenance certificates, and airworthiness review certificates.)
Certificates issued by EASA directly to UK companies will remain valid for an additional 9 months after the UK leaves the EU. Businesses will have that time to apply for and receive CAA certification, as the CAA will be issuing new certification under its own authority from 29 March. (This covers various Type Certificates, Design Organisation Approvals and ETSOs
Yes people are actually getting things done behind the tv propoganda and whinging remoaners....and No the airlines are not goint to stop shuttling people around the resorts..that was just project fear bollox :D
Richard Simpson Mark II

Post by Richard Simpson Mark II »

Sorry, more project fear bollox here

https://www.independent.co.uk/travel/ne ... 79261.html
AlanHolt

Post by AlanHolt »

I'm surprised it hasn't appeared on here already, but the UK has agreed a trade deal with the USA in the event of a no-deal brexit, a deal worth £13billion. Impressive, eh!

Not when you go to the Office for National Statistics and see that we used to trade with the USA to the tune of £18.554billion in 2017.

Also from the ONS site, it shows that in 2018 Q4, that the balance of payments for trade and services was £-10,355,000,000

But we will control our borders, just like we always have...
Current bike is a Yamaha T7
catcitrus

Post by catcitrus »

30 all on trade then guys--meanwhile TM , with earplugs in, and helmet on, is still trying to get fuel in Brussels-give her another 5 weeks or so and she may say "I give up, but I tried, now for a holiday and a well earned rest"-sorry to mix it up a bit :D

Return to “THE PUB”