RIP PC Keith Palmer

Had a GREAT service or buying experience with a vendor then post it up here.
boboneleg

Re: RIP PC Keith Palmer

Post by boboneleg »

Indeed a tragedy, I can't imagine how his family feel right now :(
one-legged adventurer
daytona-supersport

Post by daytona-supersport »

He goes to work and some deluded fanatical fool takes his life along with others. Incredibly sad, my sincere condolences to his family.
Spadger

Post by Spadger »

Ex Armed forces , tragic and again a sad loss of life RIP , a true hero who has served his country in more ways than most
Gavinskii

Post by Gavinskii »

AirbusPaul wrote:It is time our Police force was now armed !
I caught a couple of minutes of Jeremy Vines BBC 2 show today where they had a high ranking officer filling in the blanks and he didn't seem to know why officers in that particular location aren't routinely armed. However he did say that there really is only a split second from when the guy pulled the knife and then attacked, so a gun may have made little difference - however IMHO a stab vest might have......
R1150GS

Montesa 4Ride

KLX 250

Suzuki Beamish

2011 Nature Rally - Bronze Award
Nigel

Post by Nigel »

Gavinskii wrote:
I caught a couple of minutes of Jeremy Vines BBC 2 show today where they had a high ranking officer filling in the blanks and he didn't seem to know why officers in that particular location aren't routinely armed. However he did say that there really is only a split second from when the guy pulled the knife and then attacked, so a gun may have made little difference - however IMHO a stab vest might have......
I thought all officers had to wear stab vests :unsure: even our local rural PCSO wears one :huh:
zimtim

Post by zimtim »

Truly tragic.
But please let us not forget the other two innocent people who lost their lives yesterday. Nor the 29 (?) injured some of whom are still critical and some that have life changing injuries.
Spadger

Post by Spadger »

Nigel wrote:
Gavinskii wrote:
I thought all officers had to wear stab vests :unsure: even our local rural PCSO wears one :huh:
those on the gate tend not to be armed as they're checking in and out etc , there's normally a visible armed presence nearby , or that was the case when I worked there , the stab vests unfortunately aren't the answer to everything, a brave man who
Didn't shy from the danger in front of him I'm sure he never even gave it a second thought at the time , he certainly deserves our respect RIP
V-Rider

Post by V-Rider »

RIP PC Palmer,

The ultimate sacrifice made to safeguard life. The thin blue line we are both part of has become a little thinner. It could have been me or anyone else running toward the danger and it brings close to home that I personally take things too for granted. He put on his kit, told his wife and kids he would see them later, but never came home.

He will always be remembered.

If any of you are able to donate for the devastated family of PC Palmer, please see the link below:
https://www.justgiving.com/crowdfunding/keith-palmer

"It is good to have an end to journey towards; but it is the journey that matters in the end."
ollydog

Post by ollydog »

Nigel wrote:
Gavinskii wrote:
even worn when working the doors in manchester in the past, i to thought it was mandatory
rip another good man gone,
steve
Gedge

Post by Gedge »

Nigel wrote:
Gavinskii wrote:
Every photo of him on duty showed him wearing a stab vest so i would be shocked if he wasnt wearing one tgat day.....sadly they offer little support against head strikes, neck stabbing and also upper thrusts into the stomach under the bottom....

Return to “HEROES”