Give Britain's last surviving Dambuster hero a knighthood ....

Had a GREAT service or buying experience with a vendor then post it up here.
Mac 60

Re: Give Britain's last surviving Dambuster hero a knighthood ....

Post by Mac 60 »

ollydog wrote:why should we he's a nobody, has he been on big brother, aim a twat and keep me in here, sang a song or kicked a ball.or some other drugged celeb twat

oh that mr johnson, hero ,fought so i would have rights on movement and free speech and live my life my way,

they all should have been knighted, knight hood now is a joke

steve
Yep Bomber Command had a 44.4% fatality rate. 55,000 plus airmen lost. Iam sure Mr Johnson knows he was one of the lucky ones.
threepot

Post by threepot »

article-2294926-18BC45ED000005DC-994_634x777.jpg
article-2294926-18BC45ED000005DC-994_634x777.jpg (155.44 KiB) Viewed 3174 times
JJ on the far left.
big al

Post by big al »

Cracking photo there Threepot (thumbs)
ollydog

Post by ollydog »

look at some of these lads, there kids doing a mans job. i salute them all

steve
Mike101

Post by Mike101 »

As a pilot myself i have nothing but respect for anybody who flew in the war. I've also had a good crawl around a lancaster and its a really hard things to move about int let alone get out of in a hurry.

But let me be a lone voice here...you can't give a VC or knighthood to somebody just because he is the last left...that's not fair.

They all got a medal for what they did when they did it..GG got a VC because of how he led things.

So while i've nothing but respect for the man a VC or knighthood is not the way to do this.

Acts of outstanding bravery are judged at the time they are taken and not decades later.

Yes this might get me some grief on here but it's how i feel. Personally i've mixed with several BoB pilots and BC pilots in the past and they all want us to think about those who did not survive and not those who did.

Mike
And the beast shall be huge and black, and the eyes thereof red with the blood of living creatures, and the whore of Babylon shall ride forth on a three-headed serpent, and throughout the lands, there'll be a great rubbing of parts
threepot

Post by threepot »

http://www.thedambusters.org.uk/aj-t.html

If your interested,this is a great site. Gives a list of the crews,order they flew,etc.
Jak*

Post by Jak* »

Thanks for that it looks like a really interesting site Threepot. I tend to agree with Mike giving honours to people for past deeds is an iffy business at the best of times. I also feel that the honours list and knighthoods have become so devalued that this gentleman is above them.
I do think that we ought to do more to honour and remember all those who have fought for this country and our rights. One of the things that saddens me about the anti Polish stance that many now have in this country is that without their pilots we would probably not have won the Battle of Britain.
Cheers Jak
big al

Post by big al »

Agree with you Mike, jak.
Johnny Johnson will only accept the award if its includes all of the squadron , other than that he said he won't accept it.

Return to “HEROES”