Give Britain's last surviving Dambuster hero a knighthood ....

Had a GREAT service or buying experience with a vendor then post it up here.
big al

Give Britain's last surviving Dambuster hero a knighthood ....

Post by big al »

Help support Johnny Johnson by signing the petition to recognise the Dambusters Squadron to honour our heroes. Go to https://www.change.org/p/give-britain-s ... m=copylink
and sign the petition.
Thanks
Al
Teflon Jnr

Re: Give Britain's last surviving Dambuster hero a knighthood ....

Post by Teflon Jnr »

Done
Jesus rides a Harley and the devil wears prada

🇩🇪 🇧🇪 🇬🇧 🇮🇪 🇫🇷 🇮🇲 🇱🇺
dave h

Post by dave h »

yep done
big al

Post by big al »

Thanks boys . Diolch (thumbs)
James_Death

Post by James_Death »

Done and following posted on the petition...i had the honour to meet and Speak to George in the past.

REASON FOR SIGNING

We should Honour the great endeavours made by our forces military and domestic that helped to bring the war to an end. This would not only be a personal acknowledgment of the debt owed to George but to the whole squadron which participated and which many never returned from they did this without question and many made the ultimate sacrifice for there countries and to bring an end to tyranny. Having had the Honour to meet and speak personally to many veterans of many campaigns of WW2 allied and Axis forces please let us show as a nation that we acknowledge all they did, most have passed away now so please let us show to the few that remain that there sacrifice is still remembered and will be even at there final passing.
Dirtmonkey

Post by Dirtmonkey »

Done. Croeso (thumbs)
Mac 60

Post by Mac 60 »

I wonder what the man himself thinks about a Knighthood. I remember in 2009 when Harry Patch the last fighting Tommy died he wanted little fuss and in interviews he was always open on his views against war. The theme of his funeral was peace and reconciliation........Quote "I don't know if I was more relieved that we'd won or that I didn't have to go back. Passchendaele was a disastrous battle – thousands and thousands of young lives were lost. It makes me angry. Earlier this year, I went back to Ypres to shake the hand of Charles Kuentz, Germany's only surviving veteran from the war. It was emotional. He is 107. We've had 87 years to think what war is. To me, it's a licence to go out and murder. Why should the British government call me up and take me out to a battlefield to shoot a man I never knew, whose language I couldn't speak? All those lives lost for a war finished over a table. Now what is the sense in that?"

— Harry Patch

I feel if anyone deserved a Knighthood it was this man, i wonder if his comments prevented this happening. His coffin was carried by soldiers of the rifles and followed by private soldiers of Germany, France, Belgium. He would not allow any guns at his funeral. Ive no doubt Johnny Johnson is a hero who did his duty faithfully i just wonder what his thoughts would be on it.
scooby

Post by scooby »

Done
ollydog

Post by ollydog »

why should we he's a nobody, has he been on big brother, aim a twat and keep me in here, sang a song or kicked a ball.or some other drugged celeb twat

oh that mr johnson, hero ,fought so i would have rights on movement and free speech and live my life my way,

they all should have been knighted, knight hood now is a joke

steve
Shidosan

Post by Shidosan »

Also done
It will be alright in the end.... if it's not alright.. it's not the end !

Return to “HEROES”