Guy Martin to race TT

Had a GREAT service or buying experience with a vendor then post it up here.
Chris955i

Re: Guy Martin to race TT

Post by Chris955i »

Link to this year tt promo not sure if it will work you mite have to copy and paste. Or just put 2017 tt promo in YouTube
Nigel

Post by Nigel »

[video width=425 height=344 type=youtube]7JmUqj3Ixoo[/video]
cowling

Post by cowling »

I suppose a household name there to make the numbers up will boost the tt's telly viewers.
I honestly would love to see him win, just because he hasn't.
He came last at the p65 Scottish 2 day trial, so can't see him bothering with that again. And most of the stuff on telly that he's attempted has failed, so come on guy, time for a win.
ollydog

Post by ollydog »

would love him to get a win then walk away with that scratch itched

steve
Allan F

Post by Allan F »

Guy is a good pilot. Can't see him winning a TT. He's also dropped the 600 for the TT. He'll top six. A lot of faster riders than Guy. He could win at the UGP. He dislikes the NW200. Honda will use the track time for preparation for the TT. All the same a good move from the Honda PR department. Still, I wish Guy well. Hope he has a good safe season.

I have heard a snippet that TAS Racing might loose the Tyco money. One the conditions of the deal ! Was that Guy Martin had to be on the team. Watch this space (thumbs)

Regards
Nigel

Post by Nigel »

I read in the rag that talks broke down between Michael Dunlop and Honda and when asked about Guy riding for Honda "no comment" :whistle:
Moorso
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/@alternate-road

Post by Moorso »

I thought Michael Dunlop had signed for the Buildbase BMW team again? Maybe I'm wrong though. I think the younger Dunlop just doesn't fit a factory team mould, he dominated when he was (for one year) the factory BMW rider, apparently he is still well liked by them, and after the slightly media-blown 'spat' with Hutchy last year, it emerged he received the same spec factory BMW engines as the so called factory backed (Tyco) team.

I really like Guy...I'd love to see him win a TT, but I think others are right, I think Michael Dunlop and Ian Hutchinson et al have an edge on him in terms of raw speed. This is amplified on the longer TT circuit, but not such an issue on the shorter NW and UGP circuits.

On another note, I lament the state of the NW200...not sure if others agree? It is a warm up for the riders and manufacturers for the TT...if it wasn't slotted in the calender where it is, would it be so well attended?
Web: www.alternate-road.blogspot.co.uk/

Author of: 'Valhalla and the Fjörd'
Allan F

Post by Allan F »

Hi Moorso, Micheal will be with Stuart Hickens Buidbase / Hawk Racing Team. They have dropped BMW & are going Suzuki for 2017. Still using is own R6 in supersport.

Can't see past MD, J McG, Hutchy Anstey for the TT for SBK podiums. Then throw Hiller, Hickman, Gary Johnston in the mix. The boundaries are being stretched year on year. Although, reckon Guy will top 6. William Dunlop should get a podium on the 600's.

Agree about the NW 200. Still like the atmosphere & the racing, if we get any ?? The UGP tops my list. A real road circuit.
Over in Belfast tomorrow for the Irish Race awards night. So should get some more info.

Regards Allan
Moorso

Post by Moorso »

Hi Allan

Excellent insight....thank you.
Buildbase / Hawk Racing have dropped BMW? Waow...I always thought MD preferred the BMW but maybe Suzuki will suit him. Have to say, it's the one manufacturer I know little about. I take it it's the new GSX-R-1000?

So Honda and Suzuki will be bringing new machines?
Ohhh....tasty!!

With the R1 hopefully also sorted from full seasons racing in BSB and WSB it could be very interesting!

Agree whole-heartedly....the UGP is, for me, up there. Still a "real" road race, where you can get inches from the action and it retains it's original kind of 'wild' origins! Haven't been to a TT yet...but it's on the list!

It just feels like something (and I don't pretend to have the answers) needs to change at the NW200, and soon.
Web: www.alternate-road.blogspot.co.uk/

Author of: 'Valhalla and the Fjörd'

Return to “HEROES”