British sport !

Had a GREAT service or buying experience with a vendor then post it up here.
Andy A

Re: British sport !

Post by Andy A »

Hi Andy,

Being half English (Yorkshire) and half Scottish (Ayrshire) I know it often isn't meant, however the way many English folk are happy to describe GB as England is a tad annoying sometimes. I have cousins down south who still think England won the war.

As for Minority Sports on TV / in papers, I totally agree. I shoot clays; ever heard of George Digweed MBE? He has won 26 (maybe more) World Championships. You have to dig very deep to find any coverage. Mind you watching him shoot wouldn't make good TV, he hardly ever misses....

Sailing is becoming fairly accessible, we have the Scottish Sailing Centre near us and it is well used.

Cheers[/quote]

TBH Iain I just think of us as all being British all the time, I have two Scottish grandparents, one of whom spent 4 years as a POW in Poland after being captured in the BEF siege of Calais and was very proud of what he did for Queen and country. I just get fed up with all the bullshit from both sides.

Are you on the west coast then, I assume you are talking about the Cumbrae centre. I have sailed all over the world and probably still my favourite cruising area is the west coast, I used to sail with a friend who ran a school out of Ardrossan but he has sadly sold out now after a heart operation.
DB1200

Post by DB1200 »

Couldn't have put it better myself (thumbs)
halfpint wrote:british sport is only any good when you are as boring as andy murry or take drugs to improve the outcome wiggins. then you may be asked on sportsperson of the year. most of the rest fall by the wayside , pure hard effort is not engough. they would rather comment on hair style than admit they are over paid football wankers . so lets start to see who the elite sportsmen are !! bbc news some bloke won a race on a bike more details to follow, beckham make new line of underware ,,,, you know who will win!
threepot

Post by threepot »

Love your 'patriotism' Andy. Some of you guy's on here,with your British flag,and English Emblems on your avatars,and you ride German bikes!! ;)
KEITH640

Post by KEITH640 »

I have
George digweed
Local to me
He got turned over a few months back :(
IainD

Post by IainD »

Andy A wrote:Hi Andy,

Being half English (Yorkshire) and half Scottish (Ayrshire) I know it often isn't meant, however the way many English folk are happy to describe GB as England is a tad annoying sometimes. I have cousins down south who still think England won the war.

As for Minority Sports on TV / in papers, I totally agree. I shoot clays; ever heard of George Digweed MBE? He has won 26 (maybe more) World Championships. You have to dig very deep to find any coverage. Mind you watching him shoot wouldn't make good TV, he hardly ever misses....

Sailing is becoming fairly accessible, we have the Scottish Sailing Centre near us and it is well used.

Cheers
TBH Iain I just think of us as all being British all the time, I have two Scottish grandparents, one of whom spent 4 years as a POW in Poland after being captured in the BEF siege of Calais and was very proud of what he did for Queen and country. I just get fed up with all the bullshit from both sides.

Are you on the west coast then, I assume you are talking about the Cumbrae centre. I have sailed all over the world and probably still my favourite cruising area is the west coast, I used to sail with a friend who ran a school out of Ardrossan but he has sadly sold out now after a heart operation.[/quote]

Aye, just over the hill from Largs in Kilbirnie. Booming Industrial Centre, then Post Industrial wasteland, now commuter town for those who work in Glasgow. Born here, moved away and eventually moved back as it is so handy for Glasgow with cheap housing. Not to mention that within half an hour you are on some of the best roads in the country.

Cumbrae is a great wee island, spent many a night "stuck" after one too many in the George or Newton. They used to have a great Clay Pigeon club too.
halfpint

Post by halfpint »

chris evans this morning and arsehole sports guy vag , sport mention dakar football first then tennis , mention cricket then on to the darts. then tell us we won the dakar and gave the wrong name for the winner great laughter by them what a bunch of cnuts . this is the bbc you pay his wages, so dont go on about minor sports with no reporting.
Mike54

Post by Mike54 »

halfpint wrote:chris evans this morning and arsehole sports guy vag , sport mention dakar football first then tennis , mention cricket then on to the darts. then tell us we won the dakar and gave the wrong name for the winner great laughter by them what a bunch of cnuts . this is the bbc you pay his wages, so dont go on about minor sports with no reporting.
you remind me of "drive by abuser" from modern toss.
Mike Wright

Post by Mike Wright »

I wish they had the Dakar on the main TV channels. Asked someone at work if they saw any of it and the answer was "Whats that Dakar thing you keep on about?"...conversation was then quickly followed by "Whens the iPhone 8 out mate" :pinch:
halfpint

Post by halfpint »

drive by abuser , and you remind me of school teacher !

Return to “HEROES”