Probably doomed to failure

Had a GREAT service or buying experience with a vendor then post it up here.
AndyB

Probably doomed to failure

Post by AndyB »

This is probably doomed to failure but I think the man deserves the medal given his age, the circumstances last week and the job he did when he was working on the mines.

Nobody can seriously doubt his bravery and no, it's not political point scoring.

http://www.thepetitionsite.com/864/101/ ... jo-cox-mp/
Simon_100

Re: Probably doomed to failure

Post by Simon_100 »

AndyB wrote:This is probably doomed to failure but I think the man deserves the medal given his age, the circumstances last week and the job he did when he was working on the mines.

Nobody can seriously doubt his bravery and no, it's not political point scoring.

http://www.thepetitionsite.com/864/101/ ... jo-cox-mp/
Thanks for this Andy - this story need so to spread ...

Regs

Simon

PS as with many of these I can't sign as I don't have a UK address Grrr
Be sure to visit www.thespanishbiker.com the invaluable guide to motorcycling in Spain - plus guided rides, HISS Events* and off road touring support service

*Highly Informal Sojourns in Spain
AndyB

Post by AndyB »

It appears from the comments on the website that people all over the World are signing because it's not one of the official ones that the Government have to debate when it reaches a set figure.

That's why it'll fail but I signed it as recognition of what he did rather than in expectation of it getting any kind of result.
Simon_100

Post by Simon_100 »

AndyB wrote:It appears from the comments on the website that people all over the World are signing because it's not one of the official ones that the Government have to debate when it reaches a set figure.

That's why it'll fail but I signed it as recognition of what he did rather than in expectation of it getting any kind of result.
Thanks for putting hat bit in about the "rest of the world" Andy. This morning I linked to the page again to find 'Spain' preloaded into the address field and the rest of the address fields in the correct, i.e. Spanish, format. So now I'm all signed up. (thumbs)

Regs

Simon
Be sure to visit www.thespanishbiker.com the invaluable guide to motorcycling in Spain - plus guided rides, HISS Events* and off road touring support service

*Highly Informal Sojourns in Spain
Diesel Pete

Post by Diesel Pete »

Thanks for the heads up, I knew nothing of this (thumbs)
Dave DRZ

Post by Dave DRZ »

Given the public response to this news I think it's a no-brainer that he will receive (or at least be offered) some kind of award. Whether it's the George Cross or not will depend - afterall it is a very rare award (wiki says that only 20 living people have them). I suspect there will be a long queue of politicians lining up to pin it on him.

Much deserved as well.

Dave
Far Off Places; a motorcycle adventure from Manchester to Manali www.faroffplaces.net
ollydog

Post by ollydog »

a 70 year old man gets stuck in, wounder how many younger fitter generation stood around and just got their iphones out

a different generation and values, 3 cheers for this chap

steve

Return to “HEROES”