RIP David Bowie

Had a GREAT service or buying experience with a vendor then post it up here.
Simon_100

Re: RIP David Bowie

Post by Simon_100 »

johnnyboxer wrote:Space Oddity was the first record I bought with my pocket money in 72 or 73 ...

EDIT - feck me, another similarity with Simon, weird bikes & now Space Oddity
Maybe, did you manage to convince your mum and dad that 1/6 was the same as 15p in New Money after decimalosation ... :whistle:
moto al wrote:The German version Helden. Ps could one of you guys please post this version on the forum,I dinae know how. Cheers Al
Just for you Al:

Why do lyrics in German always remind me of bondage! (thumbs)

Regs

Simon
Be sure to visit www.thespanishbiker.com the invaluable guide to motorcycling in Spain - plus guided rides, HISS Events* and off road touring support service

*Highly Informal Sojourns in Spain
phillh

Post by phillh »

Very sad to hear this. A unique and creative artist who will be sorely missed.

I don't know how Ricky Gervais managed to talk him into appearing on his Extra's show but I thought he was absolutely brilliant:-

R.I.P. David Bowie
PaulinBont

Post by PaulinBont »

" With your long blond hair and your eyes of blue" ............

RIP David (thumbs)
Brenhden

Post by Brenhden »

The is a Bowie show on BBC1 right now.
And now, Harry, let us step out into the night and pursue that flighty temptress, adventure.

Suzuki DR200 Djebel.
πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§πŸ‡«πŸ‡·πŸ‡§πŸ‡ͺπŸ‡±πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡ͺπŸ‡ΈπŸ‡¬πŸ‡·πŸ‡©πŸ‡ͺ
ZX Raziel

Post by ZX Raziel »

His music was not my cup of tea , but he was very unique and charismatic person , i dont think that there will be another one like him . :(
Shane M

Post by Shane M »

Yes, a very sad day. A music genius that so many of us grew up with. My wifes first love at the age of thirteen. :(
Simon_100

Post by Simon_100 »

Please don't think this is poor taste or disrespecting the ... but I've just heard the 'Epitaph' LP

My advice is, don't, cherish the good memories.

RIP a great star, talent, etc. but when you gotta go, just go ...

Simon
Be sure to visit www.thespanishbiker.com the invaluable guide to motorcycling in Spain - plus guided rides, HISS Events* and off road touring support service

*Highly Informal Sojourns in Spain
AndyB

Post by AndyB »

I'm sorry he's dead because it's another reminder of my own mortality but was he a bigger hero of mine than any other of the recording artists from my misspent youth in the '70s? Probably not because I can remember so many of them dying early and they're all missed in different ways.

RIP David but please, no rash of re-releases now he's gone. Buy the latest album if you like it but I don't want a repeat of when John Lennon died.
Zookman

Post by Zookman »

AndyB wrote:I'm sorry he's dead because it's another reminder of my own mortality but was he a bigger hero of mine than any other of the recording artists from my misspent youth in the '70s? Probably not because I can remember so many of them dying early and they're all missed in different ways.

RIP David but please, no rash of re-releases now he's gone. Buy the latest album if you like it but I don't want a repeat of when John Lennon died.
Of course there will be re-releases and new greatest hits albums, probably a new DVD as well....
There's money to be made when a famous artist dies donchaknow.

Bowie may have been a big part of my musical listening when i was younger, but i never get into saying RIP, or sentimental platitudes on any news like this.
Its only sad for me when someone i know personally dies.
PaulinBont

Post by PaulinBont »

They never brought out a 'Best Of' when Pete Seeger died :(

Obviously a minority taste (or was it that he challenged the Establishment, The Man, Capitalism and 'Me-ism' throughout his life )

Return to β€œHEROES”