Dealer Praise ALTBERG BOOTS

Had a GREAT service or buying experience with a vendor then post it up here.
Road2Manchester

Re: Dealer Praise ALTBERG BOOTS

Post by Road2Manchester »

About 12 years ago I walked in off the street after finding the Altberg factory and came out with a pair of Clubman buckle side calf length boots, I have ridden in them, walked the dogs through bogs, power washed the yard, worn them at work all day, and they still polish up great every time.
The only thing I would change, is velcro for the buckles, as I too have big calves and a big belly, so getting down there to thread the strop through the buckle is a bit of a pain, especially if I wear my leather pants which add a few mills to my bulging calf.
I take size 13 feet, and could not find biking boots anywhere that were comfortable and waterproof. Despite the boot actually being made for someone else, they never picked them up, so I got them £80 off list price. (Their deposit) I think they were about £150)
I would definately recommend them, and though the right boot has suddenly started to leak a little.
I have been out in the recent crappy weather though I was wearning my full length Buffalo suit. which may have collected some water near the opening.

Don't forget one major thing with Altberg is they can rebuild your boots if they need new soles etc.

10 ********** Stars.
cam to gif

If you ride like the wind, expect to get blown away. One lifetime is all we get use it wisely this ain;t no practise.
Elle

Post by Elle »

+1 for Altberg boots
wore them at the HISS, much better than wearing my mx boots in the heat
living an ordinary life in a non-ordinary way
rlkat

Post by rlkat »

Bought a pair of Clubman Classics off Ebay about 5 years ago. Commute virtually every day on my bike and they're still going strong with no leaks. I believe you can get them resoled for about £40-£50 quid.
Top bit of kit.

rob
I've no idea how to add a signature.
The Wilbur

Post by The Wilbur »

I went for the Hogg lace up boots for riding & walking.

On my second pair after the originals had been re-soled, the leather finally split around the big toe area, probably down to me not cleaning & polishing them enough.

Top product from great people. *****
SUCK : SQUEEZE : BANG : BLOW

www.f650.co.uk
coyotedave

Post by coyotedave »

I have the hog all weather, can't fault them at all. Had them made to fit, had them 5 years now and just been resoled. No water gets in at all, great for walking about in and very comfortable on and off the bike.

Cheers Dave.
Boggs

Post by Boggs »

Seems like a lot of positives for Altberg B)
Italy1

Post by Italy1 »

+1 got mine 3 years ago and rode 24K commuting miles in them. Had them resoled once already and can't fault them at all.....if I ever have to replace them I'll go back to Richmond......
AustinW

Dealer Praise ALTBERG BOOTS

Post by AustinW »

Boggs wrote:Seems like a lot of positives for Altberg B)
. I have met several people with a very negative view of Altberg.

Personally i think they have great products but service can be poor. I have stood in the shop and been ignored for 30+ minutes as an army officer was in who got all the attention, yet other times have been fawned over. On the phone once I got nothing but sarcasm with a distinct impression that they found customers to be a nuisance.

I have a pair of Hoggs bike boots and a pair of walking boots both of which have leaked prematurely - bike boots just over 12 months - but Altberg weren't having any of it as their fault. As I like both pairs I had full refurbs but am a little disappointed at the outcome with loose threads and seams that are no longer straight. Also they suggested some improvements to the build of the boots to stop toes rubbing the lining. Why don't they do that in the first place ??

Despite it all, I would still buy another pair.

Sent from my iPhone with a smile :)

Return to “HEROES”