Matlock Bath

Info on biker meeting places such as Box Hill,Poole Quay, etc. Please start each post with the county followed by the place in the subject box i.e. Warwickshire - The Waterman. It'll make things a lot easier to follow.
dave h

Matlock Bath

Post by dave h »

had a ride out today,

through Chatsworth into matlock ,

couldn't believe the lax level of lockdown,

rode through and out,

dave.
Billy Bananahead

Re: Matlock Bath

Post by Billy Bananahead »

One of the reasons i stayed at home.
But i have taken early retirement and can go out when all the weekend warriors are nowhere to be seen.
Fookin' dickheads!
lancashirelad

Post by lancashirelad »

Exactly the same in Hawes the other day.
***just like Britney Spears oops I did it again……sold the Scrambler & as of now there may not be a replacement***
PDiddy

Post by PDiddy »

I came through around lunch time, after a billy no mates ride around some of my favourites roads in the Peaks, it was rammed ... Welcome to the start of the 3rd wave :(
AlanHolt

Post by AlanHolt »

I called in to Matlock Bath on Saturday on my way to Broken Jones', and it was quite busy. It was nice to see the bikes out, and to see businesses earning and people smiling, but I fully expect the numbers to start going up in a week or so given the lack of social distancing and the number of large groups that were there and elsewhere.
Current bike is a Yamaha T7
Onenoodles

Post by Onenoodles »

AlanHolt wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 9:08 am I called in to Matlock Bath on Saturday on my way to Broken Jones', and it was quite busy. It was nice to see the bikes out, and to see businesses earning and people smiling, but I fully expect the numbers to start going up in a week or so given the lack of social distancing and the number of large groups that were there and elsewhere.
Been thinking about this and its interesting ... I live in Worcester and to be honest there has been a slackening off from people for weeks now, work in Sandwell and their rate has been awful but people generally relaxing their behaviour weeks ago ... and yet no real explosion in rates.

Its going to be about that balance between rates and serious/fatalities and what is measured? Its a real success of the vac numbers that the hospital admissions and the fatailities have plummeted, so begs the question ... open up and accept higher infection rates but off set by the up side of the vac programme i.e. people will get ill but mostly get over it ... like flu I guess?

If we don't get to that scenario then what is the point of mass vac? ... on the Matlock thing then you have to hope that it being mostly people outside and lets' face it, the average age of bikers these days will probably be the folks who have had at least one job :P ... then maybe its not such a issue? Look at the amount of demo's going in for weeks and involving thousands, illegal raves, people meeting up when they are not supposed to (you see it everywhere) and still the rates had plummeted. Of course the Gov has to be cautious and nobody wants to stick their heads above the parapet but my guess is that they will lift social distancing rules outside within weeks.
AlanHolt

Post by AlanHolt »

I find the statistics fascinating. Whilst the number of confirmed daily infections and deaths has fallen, so have the number of daily tests. They have actually fallen to a level last seen in December, so I wonder whether the rate of confirmed daily infections would be considerably higher if the rate of daily testing increased to the levels that were taking place in January, February and March.

The whole thing is becoming interesting, as the restrictions were initially driven by data and scientists/professionals for quite a while, and now everything seems to be driven by dates and politicians.
Current bike is a Yamaha T7
Jak*

Post by Jak* »

I live about three miles away from Matlock Bath and generally try and avoid it. I don’t enjoy queues of traffic and the A6 is one of the most boring roads in the Peaks. However I do understand why those from further away who don’t know the area and can’t read a map go there, as it is well known as a biker meet. Also not that long ago many other cafes etc in the Peaks would refuse to serve motorcyclists. I was turned away from a pub/hotel down the road in Matlock itself, as I had arrived on a bike about twenty years ago
In general I think there are a few who are still trying to follow the rules to the letter, some who do not give a toss and the majority who are trying to be safe whilst getting on with their lives. Remember Bojo gave everyone the green light to use their intuition when he let Cummings off the hook.
Flipflop

Post by Flipflop »

I was on a ride out in the Peaks on Saturday. Sticking to very small roads for 95% and I was surprised how quiet it was.
A couple of weeks previous I passed by Willingham Woods - there was more bikes than I had ever seen, literally queuing up to get in on a one out one in basis. I made a hasty retreat.

As for the vaccines - I thought they were to help with the symptoms not necessarily prevention. If that is the case people will get it and just carry on with their lives - it will be something that we live with like colds and the flu.

IMHO there is too much emphasis on cure in medicine. It’s interesting to see that the latest thoughts on cancer are to manage it if possible rather than try to cure what we can’t.
Onenoodles

Post by Onenoodles »

Flipflop wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 4:40 pm I was on a ride out in the Peaks on Saturday. Sticking to very small roads for 95% and I was surprised how quiet it was.
A couple of weeks previous I passed by Willingham Woods - there was more bikes than I had ever seen, literally queuing up to get in on a one out one in basis. I made a hasty retreat.

As for the vaccines - I thought they were to help with the symptoms not necessarily prevention. If that is the case people will get it and just carry on with their lives - it will be something that we live with like colds and the flu.

IMHO there is too much emphasis on cure in medicine. It’s interesting to see that the latest thoughts on cancer are to manage it if possible rather than try to cure what we can’t.
Correct about the vaccines ... people will still get it just like flu, if the person had really good protection then they may get it and be pretty much symptom free or very minor and sadly some will get it bad and be either really poorly or even die ... like flu.
I think Boris has pretty much tried to prepare for the general acceptence of a certain level of risk and associated fatatlities and balanced against freedom and the economy then its a risk we should all accept ... unless of course there hit's a strain that completly rides a coach and horses through all vaccines and boom ... back to square 1 ... lets pray not.

Return to “BIKER HANG-OUTS”