Motorcycle Live (Almost) FREE Parking

Info on biker meeting places such as Box Hill,Poole Quay, etc. Please start each post with the county followed by the place in the subject box i.e. Warwickshire - The Waterman. It'll make things a lot easier to follow.
mac10biker

Post by mac10biker »

I took my first trip to Motorcycle Live this week and while I enjoyed it, I was a bit pissed at the car parking scam.

Turns out that instead of paying £12 for parking you can park in "The Resorts" multi storey car park right next door and it's free from 10am-3pm and then a quid for 1-2 hours.

I know the car parks are owned by different groups but still feels like a bit of a piss take to be charging £12 for parking!!
AndyB

Re: Motorcycle Live (Almost) FREE Parking

Post by AndyB »

The whole day out is a rip off if you want to look at parking, food, drinks etc but if you like bikes and fancy a day out wandering around looking at them it's not too bad.

We went to watch Championship rugby last night so not even top teams and it was £2 to park then £20 each for 80 minutes of rugby. The bike show you can wander around for 5 or 6 hours, sit on all the bikes you want to, listen to a couple of celebrities, watch some off road riding and waste as much money as you like, it's a day out and if taken as such it's ok.

My wife even decided she wants a Yamaha MT-07 to use for her commute to work but at least she'd spent a few hours sitting on all the options at the show yesterday rather than just looking at pretty pictures on the Internet. We hadn't even got home before she'd phoned her favourite Yamaha dealer, booked a test ride and agreed a price for their demo bike so I think she'll buy it :pinch:
Old Git Ray

Post by Old Git Ray »

mac10biker wrote:I took my first trip to Motorcycle Live this week and while I enjoyed it, I was a bit pissed at the car parking scam.

Turns out that instead of paying £12 for parking you can park in "The Resorts" multi storey car park right next door and it's free from 10am-3pm and then a quid for 1-2 hours.

I know the car parks are owned by different groups but still feels like a bit of a piss take to be charging £12 for parking!!
Not sure what you mean. I parked all day and there was not even a sniff of anyone wanting money. This was in the VIP and bike park. It was the Sothernmost hall with the brown roof (Google Earth) adjacent to the flags of all countries which you need to walk past to get to the show.

Dis you park somewhere else ?
mac10biker

Post by mac10biker »

Old Git Ray wrote:
mac10biker wrote:I took my first trip to Motorcycle Live this week and while I enjoyed it, I was a bit pissed at the car parking scam.

Not sure what you mean. I parked all day and there was not even a sniff of anyone wanting money. This was in the VIP and bike park. It was the Sothernmost hall with the brown roof (Google Earth) adjacent to the flags of all countries which you need to walk past to get to the show.

Dis you park somewhere else ?
This is for the car parking!!
simonw

Post by simonw »

Mac10biker - what's the pic in your avatar?
Old Git Ray

Post by Old Git Ray »

mac10biker wrote:............

This is for the car parking!!
There were a couple of hundred bikes in there.
Dunno_2016-11-27.jpg
Dunno_2016-11-27.jpg (3.49 KiB) Viewed 3929 times
mac10biker

Post by mac10biker »

simonw wrote:Mac10biker - what's the pic in your avatar?
It was on the 990 Adventure R' taken just outside Batumi in Georgia. As far as I could tell it was an old firing range/army base.
Jak*

Post by Jak* »

Hi, Mac thanks for the tip. Parked at the resorts from about 9:30 until 4:30 for a quid. I think we had a shorter walk than many who parked in the NEC car parks.
Cheers Jak
-Ralph-

Post by -Ralph- »

I parked at Canley station near Coventry for free and caught the train for £2.10 return. 20 minutes, arrives 100 yds from the exhibition hall and avoids all the traffic getting in and out.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
"Luke, you're going to find that many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view" - Obi-Wan Kenobi
AustinW

Post by AustinW »

Not all the shows charge for car parking. I won some tickets to go the caravan and camping show last year and parking was free then. I have been told of other shows where parking is also free. Tickets for the bike show are also pricey at £25. Its £6 for the next Caravan and camping show and it covers just as much space.

Return to “BIKER HANG-OUTS”