NEC Motorcycle Live

Info on biker meeting places such as Box Hill,Poole Quay, etc. Please start each post with the county followed by the place in the subject box i.e. Warwickshire - The Waterman. It'll make things a lot easier to follow.
gbags

NEC Motorcycle Live

Post by gbags »

I'll be passing the NEC on Tuesday or Wednesday and wondered what people thought about the Motorbike Live thing.

Better than sex.
Great day out.
OK, I suppose.
I'd rather go round Lidl with the wife.
Massive consumerist rip off.

No, I really am travelling that way and wonder how people rate it. Thoughts please.

I could do a ride report next week. Well, a drive report. I'll be in the car.
Brenhden

Re: NEC Motorcycle Live

Post by Brenhden »

Great day out, the first time.

OK I suppose, the following year.

I think I will leave it a few years for the bike ranges to refresh before I visit again.
And now, Harry, let us step out into the night and pursue that flighty temptress, adventure.

Suzuki DR200 Djebel.
🇬🇧🇫🇷🇧🇪🇱🇺🇪🇸🇬🇷🇩🇪
lancashirelad

Post by lancashirelad »

I always feel violated by the NEC parking charges so l have given it a miss for the last 10yrs or so :(
Never went on a bike just in case l saw to many bargains though!
***just like Britney Spears oops I did it again……sold the Scrambler & as of now there may not be a replacement***
AndyB

Post by AndyB »

lancashirelad wrote:I always feel violated by the NEC parking charges so l have given it a miss for the last 10yrs or so :(
Never went on a bike just in case l saw to many bargains though!
You've obviously never had to use a parking meter (if you can find one) in central London :pinch:
Rangoonruns

Post by Rangoonruns »

i want to go but its £50 notes for me and the handler to walk around a big showroom,,, i am getting tight as i get older lol
Andi_Archer

Post by Andi_Archer »

£32 for me to purchase a ticket and space to park which is kinda steep considering how many people go to the event.Ill probably go up Monday as Im working nights.... :pinch: :(
BobH

Post by BobH »

Ticket and parking purchased, need a couple of bits so hope there are some bargains to take the sting out of the ticket price.
PaulinBont

Post by PaulinBont »

Next Sunday for me......it's either that or walking around Oak Furniture Land with the missus, so it's me, two mates and my son; sod the expense I'd rather sell my kidney than do the former :whistle:
minkyhead

Post by minkyhead »

parking check out the website

Secure, indoor bike parking in the Bike Park. Free of charge (and subject to availability)
The Bike Park will include a storage facility for kit. It will open one hour before the Event, and close an hour after the Event
whats the wether forcast ..wheres me map
Tonibe63

Post by Tonibe63 »

minkyhead wrote:parking check out the website

Secure, indoor bike parking in the Bike Park. Free of charge (and subject to availability)
The Bike Park will include a storage facility for kit. It will open one hour before the Event, and close an hour after the Event
Very good it is too. You get a numbered wrist band on your arm which must match the numbered band around the handlebars or you won't get out, it's also indoors so dry and clean.
We chain the bike gear onto the bike and walk around in our civies (thumbs)
Open your eyes and you see what is in front of you, open your mind and you see a bigger picture but open your heart and you see a whole new World.

Return to “BIKER HANG-OUTS”