NEC Motorcycle Live

Info on biker meeting places such as Box Hill,Poole Quay, etc. Please start each post with the county followed by the place in the subject box i.e. Warwickshire - The Waterman. It'll make things a lot easier to follow.
hotbulb

Re: NEC Motorcycle Live

Post by hotbulb »

Yes, but for those who travel by car it's a rip-off. Many other NEC shows have free parking (I think the recent Classic Car/Bike show was one such), and yet Motorcycle Live chooses to charge an inflated fee - even buying in advance a parking ticket is £10, and it's £12 or more on the day!
Dave DRZ

Post by Dave DRZ »

Any news from anyone who's been? I have tomorrow off... Is it worth it?

Just learned via Twitter that Royal Enfield will be importing the Himalaya from April next year
Far Off Places; a motorcycle adventure from Manchester to Manali www.faroffplaces.net
Kebabmonster

Post by Kebabmonster »

I treat it as a relative thing. I went yesterday with 2 mates. £25 to get in, £4 parking per man, £20 fuel per man, £50 for the day. The full day was 14 hours from leaving the house to getting back.

You go to a football match, minimum £30 for 2 hours (depending who your team is)
I go out for a night of drink in a city centre, minimum £80 inc taxis for up to 6 hours.
Go out to a city centre with the wife for a night of drinking, minimum £130 inc taxis.

I think it's decent value (but agree the parking is a rip off)
AndyB

Post by AndyB »

Kebabmonster wrote:I treat it as a relative thing. I went yesterday with 2 mates. £25 to get in, £4 parking per man, £20 fuel per man, £50 for the day. The full day was 14 hours from leaving the house to getting back.

You go to a football match, minimum £30 for 2 hours (depending who your team is)
I go out for a night of drink in a city centre, minimum £80 inc taxis for up to 6 hours.
Go out to a city centre with the wife for a night of drinking, minimum £130 inc taxis.

I think it's decent value (but agree the parking is a rip off)
You view it the same way as I do then (thumbs)

I can even disregard the parking to a degree by comparing it with daytime city centre parking where they really kick your arse :pinch:

Return to “BIKER HANG-OUTS”