Motorcycle Live 2016 NEC

Info on biker meeting places such as Box Hill,Poole Quay, etc. Please start each post with the county followed by the place in the subject box i.e. Warwickshire - The Waterman. It'll make things a lot easier to follow.
MR X

Re: Motorcycle Live 2016 NEC

Post by MR X »

PHILinFRANCE wrote:I'll be there on Sunday .....big SteveW will be holding my hand and translating for me :laugh:

Hope to get a shilling or 3 off a pair of "Klim Travers Pants" :whistle:
don't let him hold the hand with the fecked thumb dad :lol: :lol:

and no skipping whilst you hold his hand , they might take it the wrong dad :kiss:
Earwig

Post by Earwig »

Oop North John wrote:
Earwig wrote:
E1-.jpg
Which stand would you recommend if I'm looking to buy one of those? :whistle:
Got mine from Helmet City stand, but just noticed that they are reduced the same on their web page as well now :pinch: You can get to try one on at the show, rather than risk having to return if it isn't right
Kev63

Post by Kev63 »

Flew down from Aberdeen yesterday. A long day as home back of 1 last night but a good day was had by all. Nothing really of that size in the North. The Scottish show in March is a poor second best. Good to see most of the manufacturers.

We met a young lady from Ayr at Nathans stand who had ridden down for the day on her SV and was going home the same night !! That's hardcore...put us to shame.
herman

Post by herman »

I was in a club a few years ago until they started hiring mini buses to get to bike events....I left shortly after.
The secret of a long life is knowing when its time to go.
Emf#53

Post by Emf#53 »

WIBO wrote:
lancashirelad wrote:I once watched 2 guys in the NEC car park get their bike gear out of their BMW boot put the gear on so it looked like they had arrived by bike!!! :laugh:

FFS

:)

Yep - I've seen exactly the same thing - not sure if it was a BMW though - car full of four lads all got out and pulled bike kit from the boot of the car, suited up and walked into the show.

The only reason I could think of for doing that is if there was some sort of demo bikes or something that could be ridden at the show?

Other than that why oh why would you change out of comfy jeans and trainers to walk around for hours in - relatively speaking - uncomfortable bike gear ? :S
-Ralph-

Motorcycle Live 2016 NEC

Post by -Ralph- »

So who's been by bike so far, is it still free and were there secure facilities to store your kit? (My helmet with the Sena 10U fitted is £700!)

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
"Luke, you're going to find that many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view" - Obi-Wan Kenobi
Trev

Post by Trev »

Going tomorrow by car, 3+ hours of 95% motorway there, same back and sod all chance of lugging back the kit I hope to get - why the hell would I take a bike? Hadn't thought about doing the fancy dress bit though and going as a hard core biker :whistle:
SteveW

Post by SteveW »

PHILinFRANCE wrote:I'll be there on Sunday .....big SteveW will be holding my hand and translating for me :laugh:

Hope to get a shilling or 3 off a pair of "Klim Travers Pants" :whistle:
I'm taking him on the choo-choo train. I've pre-booked his seat next to the toilet.
PHILinFRANCE

Post by PHILinFRANCE »

:laugh:
boboneleg

Post by boboneleg »

SteveW wrote:
I'm taking him on the choo-choo train. I've pre-booked his seat next to the toilet.
That's confirmed what I thought all the time, you've still got choo-choo trains up north haven't you :laugh:

I hope your getting him to do some work on the FOD while he's here (thumbs)

I'm hoping to go tomorrow, I've put the bins on the KTM so I can store me bike gear in them while I'm walking around. Obviously I will have to ride through some puddles on the way up so I look like a rufty-tufty adventurer when I ride into the NEC :whistle:
one-legged adventurer

Return to “BIKER HANG-OUTS”