Motorcycle Live 2016 NEC

Info on biker meeting places such as Box Hill,Poole Quay, etc. Please start each post with the county followed by the place in the subject box i.e. Warwickshire - The Waterman. It'll make things a lot easier to follow.
Trev

Re: Motorcycle Live 2016 NEC

Post by Trev »

Went Thursday, not too busy, nice look at the shiny new bikes (everything ABS & euro 4 now) and grabbed some bargains; two each of ACF50, Silkolene chain lube, Oxford battery conditioner & Oxford security chains all for fifty quid - well chuffed.

Best of all bagged myself a RUkka Armaxion suit for an absolute steal £1150, along with the extra sixth year guarantee and cleaner/reproofer thrown in! Very nearly went for the Dane Goretex Pro 'non toury thing' which, at £800 show price, seemed a great suit but couldn't resist the Armaxion at the best price I've ever seen by a mile. Now just need to say goodbye to the trusty HG Goretex suit but it's a bit like that snug pair if old trainers compared to the shiny new pair, can't quite yet bring myself to make the switch :unsure:
-Ralph-

Motorcycle Live 2016 NEC

Post by -Ralph- »

Just got myself a pair of Daytona Nonstop Gore Tex boots. £240 but couldn't find cheaper with a quick Google search and they were the only brand at the show which fitted my very long narrow foot, so being able to try them all on first means I wouldn't have bought on the Internet anyway.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
"Luke, you're going to find that many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view" - Obi-Wan Kenobi
daytona-supersport

Post by daytona-supersport »

Trev wrote:Went Thursday, not too busy, nice look at the shiny new bikes (everything ABS & euro 4 now) and grabbed some bargains; two each of ACF50, Silkolene chain lube, Oxford battery conditioner & Oxford security chains all for fifty quid - well chuffed.

Best of all bagged myself a RUkka Armaxion suit for an absolute steal £1150, along with the extra sixth year guarantee and cleaner/reproofer thrown in! Very nearly went for the Dane Goretex Pro 'non toury thing' which, at £800 show price, seemed a great suit but couldn't resist the Armaxion at the best price I've ever seen by a mile. Now just need to say goodbye to the trusty HG Goretex suit but it's a bit like that snug pair if old trainers compared to the shiny new pair, can't quite yet bring myself to make the switch :unsure:
Holy crap Batman. A few weeks ago I paid £1000.00 for a 2003 Ducati 750 Supersport in excellent condition with new battery fitted and new MOT. (thumbs)
Monster

Post by Monster »

sven wrote:We always make a weekend of it, so the costs soon add up, but SWMBO loves the show, so it's worth it (thumbs)

A Sunday night in Brum with a few beers and a curry, followed by the show on Monday, followed by a film and meal at Genting Resorts World and another night at the NEC Premier Inn soon added up to £250, but what else is there to do at this time of year?

216CE215-0E4B-4717-A5DF-DEA94D2915E0.JPG
Off to Lanzarote shortly ... £300 for a week all-inclusive
Pay your money and make your choice(s)I guess

First year that I have missed out for about 10 years
Always been lucky with a mate getting free tickets
We would head up the night before for curry and beers etc

Bought new lid on-line and saved £100 so needed to avoid temptation

Entry price is getting very silly but if people keep paying it ....
If a Hammer don't fix it - you have an electrical problem
SteveW

Post by SteveW »

I've just got back.
There was three of us that went, we spent just over £9000 between us.
That's.....them two buying nothing and me buying a CCM450s!
diggermanbob

Post by diggermanbob »

SteveW wrote:I've just got back.
Did the short one not get his Klim pants :laugh:
PHILinFRANCE

Post by PHILinFRANCE »

£385 ! And they didnt sell them there , just for show :huh: ! whats all that about ? Theres a pair in Mexico $120 + $60 post :silly:
boboneleg

Post by boboneleg »

SteveW wrote:I've just got back.
Blimey, your going to have to shove everything else over a bit in the garage :lol:
one-legged adventurer
Jak*

Post by Jak* »

HI, just got back. Had a great day out. Took my two younger children and my eldest son. My daughter had a go on the first ride thing and got on really well. The FMX show was amazing. It seemed busier than last year, although possibly not as many cheap Chinese bikes. My eldest lad and I both got some heated gloves at a reasonable price. I got a spade jacket and trousers from the Adventure Bike Shop which seemed good value. I would love to buy some Halvarssons gear, which just seems so well thought out, but it is a bit out of my price range. It was great to have a chat to Sam Manicom, who convinced me to buy yet another book.
The best bit for me was that there were no new bikes that I would have swapped my CCM for. It is still in a class of its own and talking to the staff on the stand they have had a lot of interest as well. Mind you talking to staff on the Norton stand they have taken a lot of orders for the new limited edition V4 at £44,000, even though it is not in production yet. Makes the CCM look like a bargain.
Cheers Jak
tefflon

Post by tefflon »

Hi SteveW

Hope you have better luck than my mate Paul he was at the CCM factory last Friday picking his new bike up stayed at mine Friday night them he took it home happy days ? Well out for a ride on Friday afternoon and it broke down yep 9miles on her and the battery is fuxxed B) :dry: he has been to the show today but not sure how he has gone on

Return to “BIKER HANG-OUTS”