Motorcycle Live 2016 NEC

Info on biker meeting places such as Box Hill,Poole Quay, etc. Please start each post with the county followed by the place in the subject box i.e. Warwickshire - The Waterman. It'll make things a lot easier to follow.
The Sarge

Motorcycle Live 2016 NEC

Post by The Sarge »

Not sure if I can be arsed this year ??

I gave up bargain hunting when tinternet became popular, and frankly I should be selling stuff not buying more, so other than tyre-kicking just don't know if its worth the journey ?? :whistle:

Sarge
SteveR

Re: Motorcycle Live 2016 NEC

Post by SteveR »

The Sarge wrote:Not sure if I can be arsed this year ??

I gave up bargain hunting when tinternet became popular, and frankly I should be selling stuff not buying more, so other than tyre-kicking just don't know if its worth the journey ?? :whistle:

Sarge
I went last year as I was bored. Trained it in and then spent about 2 hours mooching about, then I was looking to catch the train home... nuff said....

I would like a new helmet but is it worth the 30 odd quid entry and travel? I expect not.
Peirre

Post by Peirre »

There`s a lot of backlash on the Motorcycle live FB page regarding prices, with a typical family day out of 3-4 people heading down in a car, with fuel, entry tickets, parking and food making it a very expensive outing. I was talking to someone this morning who says he`s heading down on the "mega bus"
AndyB

Post by AndyB »

It's miles cheaper than a ticket to a premier league football match and nobody makes rude gestures at you if you leave early so we'll be going. It's a day out looking at bikes, having a beer and probably meeting up with a couple of friends so my wife and I always go (thumbs)
Scott_rider

Post by Scott_rider »

I thought last year's show was good (thumbs) . They'd stopped all the old tat being sold and most of the stalls were genuine retailers with some corking bargains. Plus there were loads and loads of bikes to see. I think it's always a good day out (thumbs) .

The food prices are steep, that's my only criticism.
Suzuki GSX-S1000F...the KTM 450 EXC-R has gone
geoham

Post by geoham »

I enjoyed last year's show myself. Few deals to be had.
Trev

Post by Trev »

I thought last year was pretty good, was able to try on some decent kit to get sizing and also picked up Shark + Bultaco helmet for half what they were on tinternet.

I'm going up next Tuesday, was planning to drive (about 3 hours) but seeing a couple of the posts thought I would check out train option. £156.40 - what the frig! Has the NEC been moved to France post-Brexit? Maybe I'll see what price to fly from Southampton! The trusty Volvo and motorway service coffees beckon (thumbs)
minkyhead

Post by minkyhead »

think ime going down with the braap boys ..looking forward to seeing the swm adv ..the crf rally ..i dont think ill ever see a ajp pr7 kind of given up on that ...norton racer looks special and id like to see the baby gs too (thumbs)
whats the wether forcast ..wheres me map
Boggs

Post by Boggs »

Never been,always fancied it though,the telly coverage is ok

(thumbs)
Big Red

Post by Big Red »

I'm thinking of going on the last day. I will watch this thread to see what people have to say about it. It's a 540 mile round trip for me. Hopefully the new Royal Enfield Himalayan will be there.
So guys keep us informed as to what it's like

Return to “BIKER HANG-OUTS”