Bike night

Info on biker meeting places such as Box Hill,Poole Quay, etc. Please start each post with the county followed by the place in the subject box i.e. Warwickshire - The Waterman. It'll make things a lot easier to follow.
yoda

Bike night

Post by yoda »

Hi just a heads up as it was on MCN website, there's a bike night at the East Kirkby Aviation centre nr Horncastle in Lincolnshire on Wednesday night. They have a band on in the hangar and will be running the Lancaster up for a taxi run and there is also a Spitfire flypast as well, just a fingers crossed for the weather then as it hasn't looked great so far. Its £5 per bike to get in or £5 pr person if you're in a car (thumbs)
Chaos is the only camouflage that incompetence needs to operate at full capacity.

I dunno where that road goes, might as well go take a look anyway there's no where else i need to be right now.
SHarper

Re: Bike night

Post by SHarper »

20130626_201253.jpg
20130626_201253.jpg (28.86 KiB) Viewed 2477 times
its a really good night, you get the Lancaster taxiing right up to the crowd, all engines going full belt...
jkay

Post by jkay »

I'll be there whatever the weather
yoda

Post by yoda »

i'm hoping to be, forecast keeps changing and looks a bit better at the mo :)
Chaos is the only camouflage that incompetence needs to operate at full capacity.

I dunno where that road goes, might as well go take a look anyway there's no where else i need to be right now.
Whippet

Post by Whippet »

What time does it start ? :dry:
jkay

Post by jkay »

About 6.30pm although the place is open all day,£5 per bike Lancaster taxi at 8
yoda

Post by yoda »

apologies if this doesn't work as i'm crap at this but link to vid of the Lanc taxying.

yoda

Post by yoda »

Lincolnshire bike night

Wednesday 15th June 2016

Gathering of hundreds of Motorbikes of all makes to watch an evening taxy run of the Lancaster.

The Centre is open all day through but Bikes start to arrive at around 6.30-7.00pm. All are welcome whether you are a biker or not. Admission fees are £5.00 per bike or £5.00 per head (when without a bike).

We also have the band 'Last Chance' playing in the hangar from 7pm onwards.

We also have a Hog Roast!

Lancaster Taxy Run at 8.00pm and a Spitfire flypast at 7.15pm!

http://www.lincsaviation.co.uk/library/bike_night_2.jpg

jkay

Post by jkay »

Yoda saw your bike there, B) got soaked getting there went through a river a foot deep across the road,had coffee and hog roast enjoyed the lancaster
The spitfire,loved it,low or what and then got soaked again on the way home :angry:
yoda

Post by yoda »

No worries mate, yeah a bit wet there but a great eve, loved the spit flypast and great to hear the lanc being run up so close, what an iconic British machine.

Return to “BIKER HANG-OUTS”