Essex / Suffolk Hang Outs

Info on biker meeting places such as Box Hill,Poole Quay, etc. Please start each post with the county followed by the place in the subject box i.e. Warwickshire - The Waterman. It'll make things a lot easier to follow.
Selous

Essex / Suffolk Hang Outs

Post by Selous »

Hi Found this thread so will put Essex & Suffolk.
I am not recommending any particular place but I have eaten & had a drink in all of them a number of times.
Please do not conciser this as any form of advert these details are for Information Only.
I will update as I remember.
I have refrained from putting Phone numbers web sites, Postal address etc. If you are that you can always look them up.

Essex Great Bentley Village On the Green Wednesday's Only you have up to 1000 bikes hight of summer as village green is the biggest in England, from the First Bank Holiday onwards local pub has live groups on & bbq, a Burger van comes as well. on occasions you get some of the bike manf turn up with a show van.

Essex The Log Cabin Walton-On-the-Naze, near Clacton-On-Sea is a Ice cream hut does feed & Drinks discounts for Riders, closed in winter open rest of the year, owner rides as well, open all week longer in the summer.

Essex Finchingfield a quaint village, between Braintree, Chelmsford Gt Dummow.
lots of bikes meet on the green this is tour coach area but really good feed, the best bit about going to Finchingfield is the Twisty's open all year round meet most weekends.

Essex Harwich Seafront, Pier Cafe(Sundays)ideal before you ride on to the Ferry to go to Europe or just back! the Cafe is open all year round.

Essex The Blue Flag Beach Cafe has a bike night Thursdays open till late. open spring summer Autumn weather depending follow sea wall round from Pier.

Essex Porkies formally the 127 Dinner This is near Wickford Northbound A127 (towards Southend-On-Sea) this is next to a Petrol Station as well.

Essex Owls Cafe Southbound on A127 (from Southend-On-Sea) this is also a truck stop behind it good feed. Note both of these are a few miles a part across the A127

Suffolk Red Lodge Cafe Is at Red Lodge Village, near Kentford, (2 miles out of Newmarket)just off the A11 Truck stop open 24/7 good food good price. Note A11 goes on to M11 and site is 5 min from A11, M11/A11 is from London towards Norwich & up
Note Black Bear H.D. is down the road so good meeting point.

I do know more but need to think of them hope these help.

We are the Pilgrims, master; we shall go Always a little further: it may be Beyond that last blue mountain barred with snow, Across that angry or that glimmering sea.

Artificers Masonic Motorcycle Association

http://www.amma-uk.com
hornet

Re: Essex / Suffolk Hang Outs

Post by hornet »

-1 for finchingfield

no you dont want to go there its an awful terrible road:P

and the villagers like to eat fresh biker meat

hornet

the cafe on the haverhill road in stradashall is a regular bike haunt at weekends as well also has a chippy next door
Two wheels roaming. My FB page
OB1

Post by OB1 »

I've got to suggest Orwell Motorcycles on Ranelagh Road in Ipswich because I'm down there every Saturday! I don't work there but it is a great place to hang out and meet up.

The are a multi-franchise dealer (Yamaha, Kawasaki, Suzuki, Piaggio) with a huge car park out front and a showroom bigger than any other that I've ever seen! The sales guys there are happy enough to chew the fat as they are selling you a bike: I've been going there for 7 years and only ever bought 1 bike off them! :whistle:

There is a burger van out front virtually every Saturday that is run by Angie and Ady.

During the summer at least 1,000 bikers will pass through their gates every weekend, even if it is just to meet up before going out for a ride.
A • AND • B • CDN • CH • CN • CY • CYM • CZ • D • DK • E • EST • ET • F • FIN • GR • HK • HR • I • IL • IRL • L • LT • LV • M • N • N-IRL • NL • P • PL • Q • RSM • S • SCO • SCV • SLO • TR • USA • YU
justrtw.com
Selous

Post by Selous »

OB1 wrote:I've got to suggest Orwell Motorcycles on Ranelagh Road in Ipswich because I'm down there every Saturday! I don't work there but it is a great place to hang out and meet up.

The are a multi-franchise dealer (Yamaha, Kawasaki, Suzuki, Piaggio) with a huge car park out front and a showroom bigger than any other that I've ever seen! The sales guys there are happy enough to chew the fat as they are selling you a bike: I've been going there for 7 years and only ever bought 1 bike off them! :whistle:

There is a burger van out front virtually every Saturday that is run by Angie and Ady.

During the summer at least 1,000 bikers will pass through their gates every weekend, even if it is just to meet up before going out for a ride.
I was there last night, Bike Launch.
I got my currant Bike from there, Mark did me a VERY good deal for me, I have it serviced there as well always treated me good with a loan bike to get home as well.
I didn't put bike shops on here as I thought it might be thought of as advertising.
may be meet up some time OB1

We are the Pilgrims, master; we shall go Always a little further: it may be Beyond that last blue mountain barred with snow, Across that angry or that glimmering sea.

Selous

Post by Selous »

hornet wrote:-1 for finchingfield

no you dont want to go there its an awful terrible road:P

and the villagers like to eat fresh biker meat

hornet

the cafe on the haverhill road in stradashall is a regular bike haunt at weekends as well also has a chippy next door
Suppose depends on which road your referring to as there are 4 different ways!
yes the village are a bit strange but when you get idiots zooming through instead of the 30 don't blame them, i have never had a problem though.

where about's on the haverhill road? near the HMP?

OB1

Post by OB1 »

Selous wrote:I was there last night, Bike Launch.
Me too! Laura looked rather fetching in a kimono! :kiss:
Selous wrote:I didn't put bike shops on here as I thought it might be thought of as advertising.
I agree, but I thought that it was such a significant meeting place that it could do with a mention.
Selous wrote:may be meet up some time OB1
I'll be there tomorrow, as always, for a little while! B)
A • AND • B • CDN • CH • CN • CY • CYM • CZ • D • DK • E • EST • ET • F • FIN • GR • HK • HR • I • IL • IRL • L • LT • LV • M • N • N-IRL • NL • P • PL • Q • RSM • S • SCO • SCV • SLO • TR • USA • YU
justrtw.com
Treadtrader

Post by Treadtrader »

Selous wrote: I didn't put bike shops on here as I thought it might be thought of as advertising.
It's within the rules to reccomend a bike shop or any other supplier you've had good sevice from. ;)
Contact email [email protected] or pm.
herman

Post by herman »

Treadtrader wrote:
Selous wrote: I didn't put bike shops on here as I thought it might be thought of as advertising.
It's within the rules to reccomend a bike shop or any other supplier you've had good sevice from. ;)
And good to hear about. B)
The secret of a long life is knowing when its time to go.
ipswichbiker

Post by ipswichbiker »

Also rate Orwells highly. Friendly staff and easy to test ride a bike unlike some other dealers who want to make a charge.
I went to the Caribbean on holiday with my wife last year.

Jamaica?

No, she wanted to.

Selous

Post by Selous »

herman wrote:
Treadtrader wrote:
And good to hear about. B)
Now I know Ta

Return to “BIKER HANG-OUTS”