Bagshot Pay and Play Day 27th May

Planning a little soiree, then post it up here. And please, no commercial stuff, this forum is about people not products or services - send us a press release.
Orlando_Orange

Post by Orlando_Orange »

Afternoon all...

The blue light offroad club is having another pay and play day at the army training ground in bagshot

http://bluelightoffroadclub.co.uk/

Sunday the 27th of May... went along last time and apart from the rain (and snow) and a freezing ride back down the m3, it was a really good day... the area has some good wide gravel tracks, one of which is quite long, which are good for shifting the big bikes around... there is also a lot of single track through the trees which is a barrel of laughs... if you want to ride gravel and single track without any worries about speed or ramblers/horses, this is a great place to go...

i'll be down there as it's a cheaper option than the BBRC rally training in wales and is a good day out...

Chris
Chris

G650 X-Challenge

'91 XTZ750
multiman

Re: Bagshot Pay and Play Day 27th May

Post by multiman »

Hi,

Would you recommend this to a XT660r riding off-road novice.....?

Sounds like a great event.

PP
:woohoo:
~ACP~

Post by ~ACP~ »

multiman wrote:Would you recommend this to a XT660r riding off-road novice.....?
Defo.

As Orlando said in the earlier post the weather was dire, with horizontal driving sleet at times but there was a chap I had a chat with on a GS with Tourances on cruising around.

It's mostly hard packed gravel tracks but a big site and you can venture wherever you want / can into the woods etc. and there's an excellent "Alpine" loop that snakes up and back along a steep slope.

My bike packed up and I had to cut the day short, but that's another story.

The price was £45 last time but I can't find any reference to it for this event on the BLORC website.

Cheers, Andy
multiman

Post by multiman »

Thanks Andy !

I assume you need all the usual MX/Enduro kit for these days ? I usually wear a Uvex Enduro lid, Rukka kit and HG Rallye III boots for the daily commute.

Will I need to go equipped with googles, body armour, full-on MX boots and the like ?

Apologies for the noddy questions....

PP
~ACP~

Post by ~ACP~ »

Not at all. Wear what you like. You're better kitted out with that gear than I am...
Orlando_Orange

Post by Orlando_Orange »

yup £45 again this time round... it's on the website somewhere andy...

and yes if you wanted (and they allowed it) you could do the gravel tracks on a sports bike... so a 660r will be fine...

and your kit will be fine too multiman...
Chris

G650 X-Challenge

'91 XTZ750
Freeloadeur

Post by Freeloadeur »

Typical, I really wanted to get to one of these and every single one had fallen on a day I'm otherwise engaged (says Mrs Freeloadeur). Maybe we could try and organise something similar ourselves? Hi How do the BLORC negotiate access to these places?
Happiness has 125cc ...
multiman

Post by multiman »

Thanks for all the advice and encouragement ! That's why I like this place.

Looks like I have no excuses and I'd better book myself on.

PP
:P
Stewie

Post by Stewie »

hopefully make this as it's only an hour away from me :)
Orlando_Orange

Post by Orlando_Orange »

come on you know you want to!

hopefully it'll be better weather and we can actually try to meet up around the burger van instead of just riding or hiding from the snow like last time!

freeloadeur, i would imagine the blorc has to throw a decent bit of money to the military to use the training ground. with the numbers they get it's worth it but not sure if it would be for ABR.. also it's run with proper scrutineering etc similar to an enduro so not sure if you need acu credentials to run it... well i say proper scrutineering, i rocked up, said i was on an x-challenge and they said go for it...
Chris

G650 X-Challenge

'91 XTZ750

Return to “MEETS & RUNS”