Winter camping, North West

Planning a little soiree, then post it up here. And please, no commercial stuff, this forum is about people not products or services - send us a press release.
Jim Lovell

Re: Winter camping, North West

Post by Jim Lovell »

Note to self no submitting posts after Ringwood Best and Captain Morgans :silly: Sorry for the waffle haha, all true though.
Real men ride twins ;-)
Barnman

Post by Barnman »

I am currently organising a night out, with a bunch of friends on another forum. Its sort of winter camping without the canvas and with a wood stove B)

So the invitation is now open here as well :woohoo: I will post more details in next post

Was chatting with Steve at ABW yesterday, and we thought it was about time we had a meet up.

So as a suggestion, is there any interest in booking a camping barn (bunk house) for the evening? It is is within staggering distance of a great pub and some great rides (both green and black) if the weather is kind. A more realistic option than camping at this time of the year.

If yes, then there is a place I know in Chipping that I can make enquiries about. I might also be able to convince the landlord to provide currys all round.

Rough plan would be
1-meet and have some rides
2-go to pub
3-carry Dakardude home (in joke)
4-spend night in barn
5-go home

Details of barn and pub that I had in mind below

http://www.clarkhousefarm.com/camping_barn.htm

http://www.thesuninnchipping.co.uk/s...php?page=page1
Barnman

Post by Barnman »

Ok chaps, these are the facts:

For sole use of the barn it will be £112.50 and we can have as little as 1 person or as many as 15 for that price. Only Saturday dates for this are 27 November and 18 December.

Saturdays 4 & 11 December are available, but not for sole occupancy and would be £7.50 per person.

I think it would be safer if we had sole occupancy. What is the minimum to make this a goer? 6? what do you think?

We will need to make a quick decision to secure the booking, so can you post a yes and which date in this thread. I will go with the majority date.

And just to help me, there is no need to post that you can't make it
Lancastermick

Post by Lancastermick »

Sounds good to me mate. What do we need to do to jump on the bandwagon? :)

Is the December camping thing still floating..or has it sunk. To be honest, camping on a campsite in winter isn't my cup of tea. Wild camping in the middle of nowhere still pushes my buttons though if anyone is up for it! ;)
"Man needs difficulties, they are necessary for health." - Carl Jung
Barnman

Post by Barnman »

Lancastermick wrote:What do we need to do to jump on the bandwagon? :)

Is the December camping thing still floating..or has it sunk.
Not trying to hijack the thread :( Sort of thought it was on topic - Winter camping in North West, just a little more comfortable / practical and also thought it may just provide a little impetus :)

If nobody minds, then just post your interest here, and I'll update
Lancastermick

Post by Lancastermick »

Interested...although this inspired me to get off my arse and subscribe the Ukgser forum, where I've also shown me interest on the original thread.

Cheers mate.

..think you've just put life back into a thread that was on its last feet. Some good ideas were put forward but maybe after christmas would be better for all. :)
Barnman

Post by Barnman »

Lancastermick wrote:..although this inspired me to get off my arse and subscribe the Ukgser forum,
Wasn't quite the intention!!! :ohmy:
Lancastermick

Post by Lancastermick »

You up for a ride tomorrow by the way mate?

Was gonna text you but it's a bit late I thought.

Return to “MEETS & RUNS”