highest pub in britain

Planning a little soiree, then post it up here. And please, no commercial stuff, this forum is about people not products or services - send us a press release.
davsato

Re: highest pub in britain

Post by davsato »

Lancastermick wrote:Okay...not the Cat and fiddle then eh? Was just a wrong guess that's all. Sorry mate. No hard feelings! Hadn't expected a treasure hunt style topic thats all....but very nice idea though. I might start doing ride reports with only cryptic clues or grid references to keep me awake on the winter nights. :)
not alone, i thought it was the cat and fiddle too, read it in MCN so i shouldnt be surprised its wrong really should i?

so wheres the LOWEST pub in UK then? the fishermans rest on the shore at shanklin, IOW has to shut on spring tides because the sea blows in the front door, but the admiral wells in peterborough is actually under sea level
Dave
jkclive1971

Post by jkclive1971 »

davsato wrote:
Lancastermick wrote:Okay...not the Cat and fiddle then eh? Was just a wrong guess that's all. Sorry mate. No hard feelings! Hadn't expected a treasure hunt style topic thats all....but very nice idea though. I might start doing ride reports with only cryptic clues or grid references to keep me awake on the winter nights. :)
not alone, i thought it was the cat and fiddle too, read it in MCN so i shouldnt be surprised its wrong really should i?

so wheres the LOWEST pub in UK then? the fishermans rest on the shore at shanklin, IOW has to shut on spring tides because the sea blows in the front door, but there must be somewhere actually under sea level?
that must be the lowest pint ever
jkclive1971

Post by jkclive1971 »

jkclive1971 wrote:
davsato wrote:

so wheres the LOWEST pub in UK then? the fishermans rest on the shore at shanklin, IOW has to shut on spring tides because the sea blows in the front door, but there must be somewhere actually under sea level?
that must be the lowest pint ever

MMMMMmmmmm well happy just gone to 250cc
Lancastermick

Post by Lancastermick »

davsato wrote:

so wheres the LOWEST pub in UK then? the fishermans rest on the shore at shanklin, IOW has to shut on spring tides because the sea blows in the front door, but the admiral wells in peterborough is actually under sea level
Has anyone ever done a pub run from lowest to highest (possibly missing out the ones in-between)?
"Man needs difficulties, they are necessary for health." - Carl Jung
davsato

Post by davsato »

ok, wheres the most expensive pint then?
its got to be regular pump beer, and a proper pub not a wine bar or club that charges a tenner for a bottle of buffalo pee, sorry, i mean budweiser
Dave
Lancastermick

Post by Lancastermick »

jkclive1971 wrote:
Lancastermick wrote:
jkclive1971 wrote:
Lancastermick wrote:
jkclive1971 wrote:worth the ride nice pint
Hahaha, is that your ride report or is it a review!?! Bravo either way. Have you got a 50p meter on your keyboard mate? :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Are we talking about the Cat and Fiddle by the way? Cause if we are, I agree wholeheartedly!

do u have the internet ???????????errrrrrrrrrrrrr
type in highest pub
Okay...not the Cat and fiddle then eh? Was just a wrong guess that's all. Sorry mate. No hard feelings! Hadn't expected a treasure hunt style topic thats all....but very nice idea though. I might start doing ride reports with only cryptic clues or grid references to keep me awake on the winter nights. :)
hey my friend dont be sorry. No hard feelings none taken
Tidy! ;)
"Man needs difficulties, they are necessary for health." - Carl Jung
jkclive1971

Post by jkclive1971 »

Lancastermick wrote:
davsato wrote:

Has anyone ever done a pub run from lowest to highest (possibly missing out the ones in-between)?
is that legal
jkclive1971

Post by jkclive1971 »

davsato wrote:ok, wheres the most expensive pint then?
its got to be regular pump beer, and a proper pub not a wine bar or club that charges a tenner for a bottle of buffalo pee, sorry, i mean budweiser

dont no dont care my curry has just arrived so LLLLLLLLLLLAAAATTTTTEEERRRSSSSS

see u all lovely people
davsato

Post by davsato »

Lancastermick wrote:
that wont be much of a ride, peterborough to richmond. nice but short. how about a trip of the highest pubs in england scotland and wales?
England, Tan Hill Inn, Tan Hill, Reeth, Richmond, Swaledale, North Yorkshire Dales
wales, Sportsman's Arms, A543 between Denbigh and Pentrefoleas
scotland, Wanlockhead Inn, Wanlockhead, B797 Dumfries & Galloway

that should be a good ride

enjoy the curry
Dave
jkclive1971

Post by jkclive1971 »

davsato wrote:
Lancastermick wrote:
that wont be much of a ride, peterborough to richmond. nice but short. how about a trip of the highest pubs in england scotland and wales?
England, Tan Hill Inn, Tan Hill, Reeth, Richmond, Swaledale, North Yorkshire Dales
wales, Sportsman's Arms, A543 between Denbigh and Pentrefoleas
scotland, Wanlockhead Inn, Wanlockhead, B797 Dumfries & Galloway

that should be a good ride

Can i have a backy so i can have a pint at every pub

enjoy the curry

Return to “MEETS & RUNS”