Peddar's Way

Planning a little soiree, then post it up here. And please, no commercial stuff, this forum is about people not products or services - send us a press release.
ipswichbiker

Peddar's Way

Post by ipswichbiker »

This is an open invite for mixed road/off road exploration. Ive planned out a route from Ipswich to Holme next the Sea North Norfolk (Ive got it in .gpx and .map format). It is around 150km on road and off road on the Peddar's Way. Ive looked up the sections that have been TROed and detoured around them. These sections have been closed because of damage to the surface and im thinking this must mean the rest of it is easy going to fair. :) This might be a little optimistic but only one way to find out. Anyone want to head out this way? Date tbc... perhaps the this weekend 20.11.10?
I went to the Caribbean on holiday with my wife last year.

Jamaica?

No, she wanted to.

Jimbike

Re: Peddar's Way

Post by Jimbike »

Keep me informed because even if I don't have an ideal bike I am close (south Norfolk) and if it's dry the Enfield might make it. :dry:
If you have eaten your breakfast, clean your bowl.
ipswichbiker

Post by ipswichbiker »

Will do. I dont have the ideal riding skills so could be a good combo :)

Jamaica?

No, she wanted to.

Paul C

Post by Paul C »

I'd love to do this, it sounds right up my green lane. I too have little off road experience and this could be a great intro and a chance to put faces to names. Only trouble is I'm busy as hell for end of Nov, start of Dec and can't make the suggested date. :(
...I just want to ride!
ipswichbiker

Post by ipswichbiker »

Ive just remembered Ive got friends coming to stay Friday and Sat and Ive been told Im not allowed out to play with anyone else!! Perhaps this is something that could be left until the real depths of winter then all the slippy mud will have frozen solid and be a doddle to ride over?

Jamaica?

No, she wanted to.

Jimbike

Post by Jimbike »

I'm easy and may have a more suitable bike I want to drop, by then.

I'll be cycling a bit of Peddars Way tomorrow am but it's not a thrilling section.
ipswichbiker

Post by ipswichbiker »

Where are you cycling between? Ive walked some of the souther section of the PW and been along much of the north Norfolk coast path. Favourite place so far is Burnham Overy Staithe. I was amazed how quiet it was even in the middle of the summer hols.

Jamaica?

No, she wanted to.

Jimbike

Post by Jimbike »

Probably only near Watton towards Castle Acre. Pretty dull road bit. But we might try a bit further up.
Jimbike

Post by Jimbike »

My riding partner cried off due to wind (outside not his :sick: ) so I took the daughter in the child seat from Great Hockham down to East Wretham on the PW and Harling Drove road.
Easy off road and it all drains quickly around here so no worries for road tyres or heavy bikes. After all I was on a road cycle with child seat.:whistle:
dusi

Post by dusi »

Let me know when, I'm up for it, cheers Dus
Err frozen ground = ice James, difficult if not downright dangerous riding, screw some self tappers into me knobblies, ooo errr mississ!
Be good to see Jim's Enfield in the flesh.

Return to “MEETS & RUNS”