The Paddy Dakar

Planning a little soiree, then post it up here. And please, no commercial stuff, this forum is about people not products or services - send us a press release.
Steve T

Re: The Paddy Dakar

Post by Steve T »

stanbloke wrote:Cairnryan ( Dumfries)to Belfast rtn £80 book through Stena ferries.
I spoil you people....lol. ;) :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: .
No you don't - thats the price I get . . . but thanks for looking ;)

PS - Where's the ride report from your latest wanderings? Or are they magazine bound?
ZEN DOG

He knows not where he's going, for the ocean will decide
It's not the destination . . . . . . . it's the glory of the ride
stanbloke

Post by stanbloke »

I've been dealing withIrish ferries Steve and they dont run out of Sotchland.

Stenna is the only one you will get from there mate.

Paul is doing a write up and pics for our Pyrennes trip. I may take a small group there next May-ish....it is absolutely awesome.
beddowsm

Post by beddowsm »

stanbloke wrote:I have a very generous offer from IRISH FERRIES of £70rtn per bike / rider who will be taking part in this event !!!!. This is normally £120 rtn....a massive discount.

I will need all rider / bike details and will have to pay upfront as this will be a group booking.

The group would depart from Holyhead on Friday 28th Sept at 1150 and the retun sailing is Sunday 30th at 1430 from Dublin.

Let me know asap if you are up for this as it will need to be organized and booked well in advance.

It would be great if we could all make a donation to DOWN SYNDROME IRELAND which is supported by the PADDY DAKAR.

Stan.
How do Stan, just caught up with this thread. Count me in for this. Bargain price for a return crossing. Let me know when / how you need the cash.

What we all doing about actually booking the Paddy Dakar? Individuals or group booking? Or teams?.
stanbloke

Post by stanbloke »

Hi Mike,

I will book the ferry crossings on behalf of the group / entrants but the entry for the Dakar will be made by each rider. leave this one with me tho, i'll try and get hold of the guy who sorts the entries and see if we can get a group entry from him.

The teams can be sorted through this post if you like but i'm sure guys will have some idea of who they want to team up with. If not i am willing to collect names and sort out partners for those who dont have them.

If i can do both , i will, it will make the cost of the entry fee and ferry about £100 per rider ( let me check this though as the entry fee is in euro.).

Cheers.
beddowsm

Post by beddowsm »

Cheers Stan, just let us all know when you need any cash sending your way.
Dysan

Post by Dysan »

I might be up for this as well, how many days you planning on being over there?
Paul-S

Post by Paul-S »

Dysan wrote:I might be up for this as well, how many days you planning on being over there?
Hello matey

We're going over Friday and coming back Sunday PM
Dysan

Post by Dysan »

Damn, thought I'd put all the events my calendar. Hafren rally is on the 30th so that's me out. Have a great time, get pics.
rusty

Post by rusty »

Got this over on XRV site

Hi everyone i have been in contact with the Organizers of the Paddydakar 2012.At this moment in time 2.7.12 the Event is ON HOLD.Due to recent accidents at Motorsport events in the South of Ireland in the last few weeks where Spectators were injured and unfortunately one person was killed,The event is not going to be allowed to run UNLESS an Insurance Cover which is going to cost a small fortune to cover the Competitors and Spectators is in place.The organisers do not want or expect the Competitors to pay a huge entry fee to cover the Insurance Cost for what is a Charity Event and is not for Financial Gain .The Organizers are trying to bring on board Local or National Companys to cover the cost of the Insurance,So everything is on hold at the moment.Please let any of the forum members that where planning to take part in the Paddydakar know about this.Cheers Francis

Hope they can overcome this
Cheers
Rusty

Return to “MEETS & RUNS”